Sign in to follow this  
patman

Td04 mildsteel mani/downpipe on eBay

Browsing eBay as you do I came across this set up, even though it’s toyosports it clearly states mild steel, and I’m thinking its to good to be true at that price? Thoughts anyone?MILD STEEL MANIFOLD & DE-RESTRICT CAT REMOVAL TOYOTA STARLET EP82 EP91 TD04 https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/382154907884

They are know to crack. These need bracing and the flange faces machining flat especially on the head flange, if there not flat they are known to crack the aluminium on the N/S of the head exhaust stud. 

These are the new Design thicker wall there worth the money  when extra bracings are welded to cat and manifold they last years   just. Check if there's no warp like Luke mentions. But mine never where tho 

Thanks guys for the tips, I had a td04 kit, ended up selling it, now thinking maybe not, but then I wanted the tf035 turbo like you have said in the past Colin not a tdo4

ya tfo35hm is a GREAT GREAT turbo on a stock 4efte 

or a ct12B ( 43mm inducer hi hi )  with a ct9b turbine shaft and exhaust housing  2 turbos i stand by   and is 1 i have in the making right now 

Edited by 5e colin

Please keep me posted on that one Colin, staying stock 4efte, so very interested what you come up with :-)

On 08/10/2017, 12:44:33, 5e colin said:

These are the new Design thicker wall there worth the money  when extra bracings are welded to cat and manifold they last years   just. Check if there's no warp like Luke mentions. But mine never where tho 

4mm thick steel wall I'm just reading Colin, have you used this kit then and what's it like ? I've just bought that tf035 of Gibb :)

No real rush for a kit just wondering