Toyota Starlet Ep71 Turbo s

Year: 1988
Model:Ep71 
Tax:0
MOT:unregistered
Mileage: 160km

Description: Sooooo, found out recently I’m going to be a father (Another man down).

So I’m for sure going to need to free up some cash. And having two of these isn’t going to be an option.

I imported this car from Japan about a year and a half ago with the intention of using it on track. But never got round to it, and to be honest it’s too rare and too good for it.

Again the car is unregistered yet, so is still basically as a fresh import. All paperwork and import documents are present. And it’s not a big deal to register it with Dvla, meaning you will be first owner on paper.

I feel I have taken this into account with the price.

By the time I had paid import duties etc, it cost around £5500.

Since then I had a full 2.5 Ss system made for it £700

Bc coilovers only done few hundred miles £500

Exedy 3 puk Padle clutch £350

ct12 hybrid turbo £200

hdmi fmic various hoses £200

rrfpr £70

All the original parts are present as well incase buyer wanted to return to original.

The underside of the car is as you would expect from a recent unused import and is as new. 

Bodywork is again very good for a car 30 years old, but not perfect obviously. 

Interior is very good seats have to rips or wear. 

Car has very very rare roof mounted air purifier as well as factory turbo timer.

Bad points: Again the cars 30 years old.

Needs steering rack gator as it has a tear.

Gives quick puff of smoke only on start up when it’s not ran for a while. I would imagine valve stem oil seals being original will be the fault. Car does not use oil however. 

All in all this is a good example of a rare variant and I’ll be sad to see it go. 

Price:£6000 ono 

The only other one of these for sale at the moment in 8k. So I really do think this is fairly priced. If it turns out that it not being registered puts potential buyers off, then I’ll maybe do it myself if I get the time. But I’d rather it just went to a good home asap. 

Thanks for reading, Ian 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2017, 12:39:00, Calum122 said:

What a BEAUTIFUL CAR!

GLWS bud. People can see this is a genuine car, and personally, from a collectors perspective, better it left unregistered and let someone else be the owner!

If you're looking to buy one, then this looks ideal.

Very nice!

Thanks mate, surprised with the lack of interest tbh. Not much movement on the for sale section at all.