Europe Road Trip..What Car

Have a road trip coming up next year and not sure what car I want to do it in..

My current cars are out the question..charade just too uncomfortable, the daily quick and comfortable but a diesel :(

Thinking of spending between 5-8k and one car will have to go!

I want something fast, good fun, reliable and not too mental on fuel ideally reasonably modern. So far considered STI,Evos in price range, 350z,S200

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did Switzerland last year in an ep3 

not that amazing but was quick enough for some fun. Sounds mental in the mountains and was reliable. Fuel wasn’t to bad not as bad as what you mentioned above they will drink fuel lol. 6th gear all the way til I hit the mountains hahaha!! 

Pretty sure the import DC2's have ridiculously thin front wind shields, no sound deadening etc etc.

So expect it to not be the best.

A common as much, reliable okayish car, I agree a K20.

Dirty on expenses though.

My bang for buck would be an EP2 with a D16z SOHC Turbo conversion. Cheap tax insurance etc and can easily get 240 brake out of them. See loads of D16 Turbos for sale as well.

Toyota aristo.

Fast, comfy, cool as fuck.. only really hefty on fuel if you booted it all the time, bang the cruise control on most of the way and do a few drifts / 1 wheel peels outta the corners.

Perfect all rounder.

47 minutes ago, daniel_g said:

Toyota aristo.

Fast, comfy, cool as fuck.. only really hefty on fuel if you booted it all the time, bang the cruise control on most of the way and do a few drifts / 1 wheel peels outta the corners.

Perfect all rounder.

That's an epic choice Dan or maybe a e39 540i v8 baby! 

I'm have considered barges but then may aswell do it in the daily a4 avant 3.0tdi. Be better on fuel and just as quick. Want something that can have some fun on the 'twisties'. In terms of sound deadening etc that doesn't really bother me. Just a 1.0 3 cylinder isn't the best for a 2750 mile trip

8 hours ago, jimmymac101 said:

Have a chat with @MARC MOSS hes up together with DC2s :)

James 

Ta James 

9 hours ago, Ollieh17 said:

Be interested to know what a DC2 is like cruising at 100mph or so, imagine a DC5 isnt too bad

You would have a headache and bad back after a long journey especially at 100 

10 hours ago, Ollieh17 said:

Not bad shouts on the DCs . Whatever it is will likely replace the charade, a dc2 would be perfect for tracking after the trip. May look out for a k20 one 

Why a k20? Everybody is going k20 now in their dc2’s and it’s not all that tbh. My mate steve has one in his and he can’t get away from me at all especially on circuit.

a k series anything would be better for Long journeys mind but it hasn’t got the thrill of a b at all

Fair comments. But yeh k for the longer journeys and the extra gear. Would have no issue with a standard b. The only car not to give me a bad back on long journeys is my missus seat altea. 100 don't want to do it in that haha

On 10/16/2017, 6:09:33, daniel_g said:

Toyota aristo.

Perfect all rounder.

Great shout ^

Lexus 300GS or Soarer or one of these bad boys can be had for reasonable money ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-MERCEDES-CLK55-5-4-AMG-SILVER-VERY-NICE-NO-RUSTY-ARCHES-OR-DOORS-/272888862913?hash=item3f897198c1:g:djYAAOSwpKtZ48Hs

Edited by Shyam

You thinking Type R Ollie?

You can get early variants of the DC2 before Type R was even a thing.

Just like they did with the Civic, the DC2 also comes in an SiR variant also. Boasting the B18B engine, albeit perhaps slightly less power.

The chassis isn't reinforced as much either, but it's a very similar car, oh and the price can be half of what you'd pay for a Type R. Which means you can spend more money on getting a decent one that's going to give you hassle free motoring.