Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Negative wire on the coil pack

12 posts in this topic

The information on this is so hard to find, Does anyone have a photo or a description of which wire is the negative one.  Or anyone who has wired an OMEX kit in throw me a message.

I don't really want to go off the back of the ECU but if I need to I will. 

Yes I know OMEX is bad! cheers haha

48 minutes ago, gorganl2000 said:

https://www.scribd.com/document/226086926/EP82-Starlet-Wiring-and-Connectors-2

that's the most comprehensive diagram with pictures that i know of

hopefully its of some help to you

based on the key...it seems pictures 55 and 56 may be on interest to you 

Cheers mate but its a tad different but very informational. I need the EP91 diagram as its slightly different. thanks for reply though

unfortunately i've never seen an ep91 diagram like the above

i'd like an ep91 version of this myself...and trust me i've looked long and hard

I wired in a omex Rev limter the other day on my Glanza , I first tried the ignition neg from the diagnostic port , but had no joy , so I then tapped into the 2 pin plug on the coil pack that is bolted on the bulkhead and works perfect , will look tomorrow and tell you the wire colour I tapped into :thumbsup: Toby 

On 03/11/2017, 22:25:29, T-dog said:

I wired in a omex Rev limter the other day on my Glanza , I first tried the ignition neg from the diagnostic port , but had no joy , so I then tapped into the 2 pin plug on the coil pack that is bolted on the bulkhead and works perfect , will look tomorrow and tell you the wire colour I tapped into :thumbsup: Toby 

What colour wire was it Toby? As I’m planning on doing the same thing to mine today and I don’t want to run in to any issues lol, rather know what wires I’m going to be chopping in too! :) thanks 

With the ignition on and using a multi meter, one wire should have a constant 12v and the other wire should have nothing with the engine not running which will be the negative you are after. When the engine is running this connection will be grounded by the igniter to create spark.

ignition_wires.gif 

Edited by Patches

7 hours ago, Matty1997 said:

What colour wire was it Toby? As I’m planning on doing the same thing to mine today and I don’t want to run in to any issues lol, rather know what wires I’m going to be chopping in too! :) thanks 

I’m sure it was the red and black wire , but one worked and one didn’t :) Toby 

26C52E0D-788F-4449-8A02-4B455B366458.jpeg

Aha thank you! I’ve tried one of them and no luck so it’s gotta be the other lol! Cheers mates 

Sorted it mate it ended up being the other wire aha! Only issue I’m having is my after market taco reads around 300rpm higher than my actual taco on the clocks lol