Negative wire on the coil pack

48 minutes ago, gorganl2000 said:

https://www.scribd.com/document/226086926/EP82-Starlet-Wiring-and-Connectors-2

that's the most comprehensive diagram with pictures that i know of

hopefully its of some help to you

based on the key...it seems pictures 55 and 56 may be on interest to you 

Cheers mate but its a tad different but very informational. I need the EP91 diagram as its slightly different. thanks for reply though

I wired in a omex Rev limter the other day on my Glanza , I first tried the ignition neg from the diagnostic port , but had no joy , so I then tapped into the 2 pin plug on the coil pack that is bolted on the bulkhead and works perfect , will look tomorrow and tell you the wire colour I tapped into :thumbsup: Toby 

• 3 months later...
On 03/11/2017, 22:25:29, T-dog said:

I wired in a omex Rev limter the other day on my Glanza , I first tried the ignition neg from the diagnostic port , but had no joy , so I then tapped into the 2 pin plug on the coil pack that is bolted on the bulkhead and works perfect , will look tomorrow and tell you the wire colour I tapped into :thumbsup: Toby 

What colour wire was it Toby? As I’m planning on doing the same thing to mine today and I don’t want to run in to any issues lol, rather know what wires I’m going to be chopping in too! :) thanks 

With the ignition on and using a multi meter, one wire should have a constant 12v and the other wire should have nothing with the engine not running which will be the negative you are after. When the engine is running this connection will be grounded by the igniter to create spark.

ignition_wires.gif 

Edited by Patches
7 hours ago, Matty1997 said:

What colour wire was it Toby? As I’m planning on doing the same thing to mine today and I don’t want to run in to any issues lol, rather know what wires I’m going to be chopping in too! :) thanks 

I’m sure it was the red and black wire , but one worked and one didn’t :) Toby 

26C52E0D-788F-4449-8A02-4B455B366458.jpeg