3 port boost control solenoid.

Hi all. 

Im currently running a hybrid td04 EWG setup on standard internals. Currently mapped on the ME221 using wastegate spring pressure. I am wondering could I use a 3 port boost control solenoid instead of using a EBC. 

Cheers,

Chris. 

Unrelated, but who mapped your car in the end?

As for boost control with the ME221, looks like you can use it, it would need mapping in, but whoever did your initial map would be able to help you with that. ME also offer a solenoid to buy which is compatible with their ECU's

https://motorsport-electronics.co.uk/boostcontrolkit.html

Although most 3 port solenoids should work, so if you already have one it would be worth trying that before investing in a new one.

Cheers for the replys guys.

Will at RDT mapped it mate, he did a great job. 

I’ve not long just spoke to Will about it and he says that it shouldn’t be a problem ;) I’ve ordered the one from M.E. Along with 3 bar map sensor and some 800cc injectors (bit overkill), so hopefully that will do the trick for the next mapping session.

6 hours ago, slo7899 said:

Cheers for the replys guys.

Will at RDT mapped it mate, he did a great job. 

I’ve not long just spoke to Will about it and he says that it shouldn’t be a problem ;) I’ve ordered the one from M.E. Along with 3 bar map sensor and some 800cc injectors (bit overkill), so hopefully that will do the trick for the next mapping session.

You may find it hard to control your cruise/idle fuelling with an injector so large (brand/spray pattern depending of course!)

What future plans do you have for the car? :) 

On 08/11/2017, 21:15:03, RobSR said:

You may find it hard to control your cruise/idle fuelling with an injector so large (brand/spray pattern depending of course!)

What future plans do you have for the car? :)

I suppose there’s only one way to find out :)

Nothing fancy on the future plans side of things, (he says) would probably be a forged bottom end build keeping the same turbo setup. And getting this screamer pipe plumbed back into the exhaust for track days. 

I wouldn’t mind giving you the car Rob, so you could work your magic on a wire tuck. Looks very impressive. 

On 09/11/2017, 22:54:08, slo7899 said:

I suppose there’s only one way to find out :)

Nothing fancy on the future plans side of things, (he says) would probably be a forged bottom end build keeping the same turbo setup. And getting this screamer pipe plumbed back into the exhaust for track days. 

I wouldn’t mind giving you the car Rob, so you could work your magic on a wire tuck. Looks very impressive. 

Nice! 

Let me know if you ever want it doing or need assistance with any other aspects of your build.

Thanks ,

• 2 months later...

very as it's fully controllable, you can run huge duty cycles in the off boost areas too allow fast response and adjust this back down again to avoid over boost then ramp it back up again as the turbo starts to run out of efficiency and drop off further up the rev range. I'll hopefully have mine back on the dyno this coming week and I'll post up the results using an HKS Actuator, on the stock actuator I managed to hold onto boost slightly longer but since it started opening at 2 psi it's not the best