Throttle cut in 4th & 5th gear at high ‘ish’ revs

Wonder if any of you can resolve my problem or shed any light?

Had the dastek unichip Q+ mapped last week on my new td04 set up. After clearing the old map my tuner began building the new map on the rollers. All was well until he got into 4th gear at around 4.5-5k then the throttle completely cut out only returning back to life when dropping back below 2.5k. This happened intermittently whilst on the rollers and he eventually managed to get a run on the rollers when this did not happen. I thought that had solved the problem, car made 223bhp at 1 bar. Happy Days!

However I took the car out for a spin today (only get chance at weekends as it’s not my daily) and it was doing the same thing in both 4th & 5th gear at around 4.5k. 

In 1st, 2nd & 3rd it is fine and revs all the way to say 6.5k no problems or hesitation. My mapper said at the time it may be a fault with the dizzy but it just seems strange it wasn’t doing it with my old map. I have contacted him and to be fair he said he will ring me Monday and try get it sorted I have just posted this to see if anyone else has ever had a similar problem or has any ideas what it could be.

Thanks 

Ashley

faulty ignition components usually give a misfire not complete failure then spring back to life. could it be a safety feature of some sort with the unichip, like excess boost at higher loads and ignition is cut to prevent damage?