Lean on boost

14 posts in this topic

My car was running perfectly with the stock turbo and the afr’s we’re good. Then I put the td04 on and it idles fine around 14.7 and it also fuels fine when not on boost but as soon as these is any boost it just leans right out. 

Installed a rrfpr today but that didn’t help either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how lean ??? you wont see the rich afrs till like 4500rpm or s0   what afr at what rmp at what boost dont expect much afr under 0.5bar i remember when i ran like that  then very quikly drops to 10.8 to 11.2 ot there abouts 

stock ecu ?? or p&p 

 

stock ecu and injectors are fine at just under Fc   

Edited by 5e colin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like 15 - 16, just bought a map sensor to see if that’s the problem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 5e colin said:

how lean ???

stock ecu ?? or p&p 

Like 15 - 16, just bought a map sensor to see if that’s the problem and it’s on stock ecu with a 0.4 bar spring 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at what rpm are you seeing that and in what gear   dont be expecting to see mad afr on 0.4 bar 

good indeed to check the map sensor voltage reading to see if its sending correct voltage 

map could be fine working for ecu but still be out without seeing an eml

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 5e colin said:

at what rpm are you seeing that and in what gear   dont be expecting to see mad afr on 0.4 bar 

good indeed to check the map sensor voltage reading to see if its sending correct voltage 

map could be fine working for ecu but still be out without seeing an eml

 

I’m seeing it in every gear at high and low revs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 00joeindastarb0 said:

Whats the rrfpr set at?

I set it at stock pressure and it was lean so I tried it at 3 bar and it was richer at idle but still lean as soon as any boost was present 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only do your runs in 3rd 

 

dont worry about the other gears  if you nail 3rd al will be fine 

just refit the stockk fpr mate untill you get this sorted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 5e colin said:

only do your runs in 3rd 

 

dont worry about the other gears  if you nail 3rd al will be fine 

just refit the stockk fpr mate untill you get this sorted

Okay so if I fit the stock fpr on again, I was seeing 13.5 afr ok boost in 3rd, isn’t that still too lean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Healey said:

I’m seeing it in every gear at high and low revs

you need to be way more specific mate 13.5 will be to 4000rpm ( low boost )  almost tdo4 wont be on full boost past 4500 rpm expect 11.5 / 11.9

 

what gauge have you  ( afr )

Edited by 5e colin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 5e colin said:

you need to be way more specific mate 13.5 will be to 4000rpm ( low boost )  almost tdo4 wont be on full boost past 4500 rpm expect 11.5 / 11.9

 

what gauge have you  ( afr )

I didn’t really go through the Rev range too much, bit worried about it being too lean, I’ll have another drive tomorrow with the stock regulator and it’s an AEM wideband 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember your only on 0.4 bar not much extra feuling is needed unrill its spooling propperly

Reach 11 s between 4 and 5  try fitting @ . 8 bbar spring might be better for feuling as most run just under fc with h no issue like u have

Edited by 5e colin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 5e colin said:

Just remember your only on 0.4 bar not much extra feuling is needed unrill its spooling propperly

Reach 11 s between 4 and 5  try fitting @ . 8 bbar spring might be better for feuling as most run just under fc with h no issue like u have

Okay cheers I’ll try that later, I took off the FPR and fuelling was much better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now