Some help arp head stud

Yes head drilling out can all be don't diy use your pillar drill 

Tape up the dec face use gaffa it's strong get yourself a drill and tap guide for m10 get 1 you can bold down to be precise 

When head gets installed you will find our where 1 needs grinding a bit to clear stuff

Simple job with correct tools

On 1/20/2018, 4:11:15, 5e colin said:

Yes head drilling out can all be don't diy use your pillar drill 

Tape up the dec face use gaffa it's strong get yourself a drill and tap guide for m10 get 1 you can bold down to be precise 

When head gets installed you will find our where 1 needs grinding a bit to clear stuff

Simple job with correct tools

Ok so I'm running Into a few problems have a look at the pics and advise

1st pic is what I purchased 

2nd pic as you can see the problem

3rd pic is the old bolt in the middle compared to the studs on the sides. That doesn' look like an Mm difference

Please help

IMG-20180122-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20180122-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20180122-WA0007.jpg

Edited by Faiyaz.123

ARP headbolts are proven to go to 420bhp + and over 2bar of boost on a couple cars on here, before lifting the head slightly.

So nothing wrong with them at all.

I went for the 4AGE ARP headstuds when getting my engine built mainly because i have a habbit of blowing up engines.

So need as bomb proof as possible. Had  ARP main studs fitted aswell. They are straight fit.

9 hours ago, maddox710 said:

Whats wrong with arp head bolts? 

i was trying hard not to ask that question....lol

2 hours ago, daniel_g said:

ARP headbolts are proven to go to 420bhp + and over 2bar of boost on a couple cars on here, before lifting the head slightly.

So nothing wrong with them at all.

I went for the 4AGE ARP headstuds when getting my engine built mainly because i have a habbit of blowing up engines.

So need as bomb proof as possible. Had  ARP main studs fitted aswell. They are straight fit.

thanks for you input...i see you're being overly cautious :D

maybe Faiyaz has something special in mind for the project

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018, 7:27:51, maddox710 said:

Whats wrong with arp head bolts? 

On 1/23/2018, 1:50:23, 5e colin said:

studs are always better to clamp a headgasket down you get more even clamping force with studs then over bolts  ( as they stretch unevenly )

Exactly what happen .the bolts when taken out , had a look and were stretched unevenly .

On 1/23/2018, 2:43:49, maddox710 said:

Guarantee 99% of glanza owners will never come anywhere near the lifting point of arp head bolts 

I'm sure they are more but if you say 99% then I'm part of that 1% 

On 1/23/2018, 3:32:42, daniel_g said:

Big Faiyaz up there thought he might! :)

The car did.

So maybe I need to explain a little more .car was last tuned at 1.5 bar boost with eth mix pushed 414bhp.

When I got the car back it just wasn't feeling right .So we decided to tune through a tuner in Russia with team viewer .and immediately with the tuning progress the car felt much better and as we went up to 1.8 bar. We felt a jerk .upon inspection we realised the headgasket is fine and the head actually started lifting off causing a little water oil mixture . Hence new gasket and studs.

Hope that clears minds . 

Now I need more help please lol .

We managed to get the studs in .but realising the longer studs not clearing the cam .we used the old spacers and made the holes a tad bigger for the stud to go through . Will post a pic by tomorrow what I mean. Any idea?

On 1/22/2018, 10:47:23, 5e colin said:

Ya there's longer an shorter 

You need to drill or grind out the section to pas the nut treu 

Pay attention to when cams installed

The OEM bolts is m9 the new m10

When u say pay attention to when cams installed what do you mean ? 

On 2/6/2018, 4:42:17, Faiyaz.123 said:

Now I need more help please lol .

We managed to get the studs in .but realising the longer studs not clearing the cam .we used the old spacers and made the holes a tad bigger for the stud to go through . Will post a pic by tomorrow what I mean. Any idea?

by any chance do you have them installed incorrectly?----long studs on short side and vice versa?

On 2/9/2018, 11:38:17, 5e colin said:

Pay attention if the timing cogs arnt touching the studs  there close to it

That' exactly what happened .

Seems like the engineer hit a blunder .But managed to get them in .then into another problem .one of the bolts at 40nm just spins round .which means again the engineer has tapped it to big so advised to tap and install a helicoil.