So I have been doing a TD04 build and bought an air filter relocation kit but it's such a tight squeeze (also struggling to find the right size filter) for everything I am wondering if anyone has just meshed off the intake to the turbo? 

Unless anyone has got a link to a mushroom filter with an intake diameter of 55mm as I can't find one and 60mm is too big. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I will go for an air filter but the pipe I have is just under 50mm and I need a mushroom filter for it to fit. Thing is 50mm is so small I'm struggling to find one to fit. 

Here is a pic of where it is. Needs to be a mushroom as there is not much room between end of pipe and front mount. 

IMG_20180128_092902.jpg

i had the same issue a while back. i ended up getting a 90 degree bend/elbow to convert from 2.25" to 2.5", then used a 2.5" pipe (instead of the 50mm pipe you have there) and fitted a small 2.5" mushroom filter....just trim the pipe length to suit the space/filter accordingly....i reiterate, make sure the mushroom filter is the small type as the big mushroom filters may not fit (limited space)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-MUSHROOM-STYLE-HIGH-FLOW-AIR-FILTER-WASHABLE-RACING-COMPACT-INTAKE-BLUE/272912904293?hash=item3f8ae07065:g:2wsAAOSwNkJaBkyQ&vxp=mtr

something like that