Hi all, I'm new to the game!!

recently bought a glanza needed a new head So done that at the same time replaced timing belt water pump too and all gaskets 

the car now struggles to start alone but once running you can switch it off and back on fine 

but if left over night will not start 

think it's the fuel pump ?? Or I may be wrong.. is there anything out I should look for before changing the fuel pump 

thanks guys looking forward to your replies 

Thanks for reply gazzza g

Hmm come to think about it mate the temp needle doesn't work aswell and yeah it's showing a engine man light but found the diagnosis plug  under hood but I don't have the connector. 

On idle it have a little miss and still smoking but I reckon that's due to not been run for so long too just been parked up 

need to get on road asap 

On 2/16/2018, 11:59:53, Patches said:

Is your temp gauge not rising? if so its a common problem, thermostat needs replaced

Nothing to do with thermostat open or not even without a thermostats inside temp will rise. 

Its probly the temp sensor on the housing  make sure wire is connected to right sensor 

Put ground to the wire and check I'd the gauge shoots up if it does then sensor fucked if not cluster gauge fucked

On 23/02/2018, 11:42:16, 5e colin said:

Nothing to do with thermostat open or not even without a thermostats inside temp will rise. 

Its probly the temp sensor on the housing  make sure wire is connected to right sensor 

Put ground to the wire and check I'd the gauge shoots up if it does then sensor fucked if not cluster gauge fucked

When I first picked up my starlet the temp gauge would only rise when sitting idling for a while, when I drove the car it would drop back down to 0. Replaced the thermostat and that fixed the problem for me so could be thermostat related.

12 hours ago, 5e colin said:

You still get gauge movement said it yourself.

Alright mate, put your keyboard down. Yes it moved when sitting in traffic or idling for a long time, if I didn't drive in rush hour it may have never moved. It could be the temp sensor but its not going to do any harm replacing the thermostat as its a cheap part and might fix the issue like it did for me