Auto box max power? Ugrades available?

Have an auto glanza in the process of being fully forged, would like it to run a comfy 240ish bhp, just worried about the box, anyone with big power autos? Torque converter upgrade? I’m going to install a transmission cooler, any help would be great thanks 

Yeah I'd be quite interested in this. 

I've never been in an Starlet turbo auto, and wouldn't buy an auto personally.

My friend has a mercedes auto and that's tuned (maybe 500bhp) and it's SAVAGE! Although a lot of work went into it to enable to box to handle said power.

I've heard good things about the Starlet Turbo Auto's. Would love to be taken out in one one day lol. I'd be interested in seeing what the limit is on those boxes.

Edited by Calum122

id be interested to see how this works out, picked up a glanza auto last week to use as a daily and i find it awfully slow compared to manual GT's I've owned previously, im weighing up the options of tuning vs manual conversion.

Edited by typh183
On 2/7/2018, 2:21:47, TrisK said:

iamlegend ran a forged motor on an auto

no issues as far as i remeber

I know Tuning Developments mapped it for him, so could always give them a call

The first thing the new owner did when he got it was put a manual box In haha

to the best of my knowledge, 200/220bhp is the most i remember being made on an auto ep82

that was a long time ago and the member's name slips my mind----you would need to be diligent with tranny oil changes and possibly a cooler would help

found it----YBY was the name

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/community/index.php?threads/fastest-auto-starlet-glanza.9197/

Edited by gorganl2000

Yer a transmission cooler is going on and regular gearbox oil changes will be done, didn’t know if you could get upgraded torque converters it’s A big thing in the US but not here, I’m going gt20r turbo external wastegate and screamer