Intercooler hot pipe close to manifold

Good evening people,

So i spend this weekend fitting my hybrid turbo, manifold and downpipe. I'm having to run my intercooler hotpipe like 1.5 inch away from manifold with it having ramhorn geometry. Is this bad for the engine? I'm assuming it will effect performance??

Thanks

IMG_20180218_171816.jpg

2 hours ago, gorganl2000 said:

can you may be wrap the inter-cooler pipe with heat reflective material?

Yeah I'm going to do that. I also won't be using a hose pipe, that was just short term to draft up one length I need and so I can move it around lol.

3 hours ago, 5T4R7ET N/A said:

Ideally a front mount is what you want. The top mounts a prone to heat soak because of the location of them.

Yeah I get that heat rises and it soaks into the intercooler. My concern is that my hotpipe goes directly up and over my ramhorn manifold. As a result, the air being accelerated from the turbo into the intercooler is going to be warmer than with the stock arrangement. Would that be an issue? Or will the intercooler cooling will be sufficient enough to cool it down enough before the air enters the engine?

17 hours ago, maddox710 said:

Stock tmic isn't really good enough for the stock ct9 mate I'd get a rx7 tmic they'e loads bbetter 

Ah right, it's not even stock no more mate...CT9 hybrid built by Liam at Midland Turbos. I suppose I'm definitely going to need better cooling then...

16 hours ago, Walker96 said:

Have my rx7 tmic still if you still want it.....

Really want it pal but I've had an offer accepted on a house since we spoke about it and my missis aint letting me spend any money on car parts! :(Another reason I'm using hose pipe! if you can do anything with the price on a one time offer then hit me up with a PM buddy, I'll see what I can do. Like I said, I can collect with cash on collection.

Edited by Shyam