Hello there lads and lassies, I have 2 questions which has no yet been answered, no matter where I go to try find the answer I am not successful so I'm hoping someone can answer me here!

I have recently bought a glanza v with the standard 4e-fte engine with the standard turbo, I was running her in when the timing belt shit itself, I have been told they are a non interference engine can anyone clarify this?

My second question which is an unusual one, I have a tdo4 to put on but no manifold and I also have a turbo off a 3.0L land cruiser, if I did a few changed to the manifold I can get it to work but would the 4e-fte handle the land cruisers Turbo? 

2 hours ago, starletlod said:

Hello there lads and lassies, I have 2 questions which has no yet been answered, no matter where I go to try find the answer I am not successful so I'm hoping someone can answer me here!

I have recently bought a glanza v with the standard 4e-fte engine with the standard turbo, I was running her in when the timing belt shit itself, I have been told they are a non interference engine can anyone clarify this?

My second question which is an unusual one, I have a tdo4 to put on but no manifold and I also have a turbo off a 3.0L land cruiser, if I did a few changed to the manifold I can get it to work but would the 4e-fte handle the land cruisers Turbo? 

1) i've always come along hearing they are non-inference ----ONCE its stock set up .....as in stock headgasket, no machine work, etc

2) which ever turbo you choose apart from stock ct9, you will need a manifold, downpipe, oil line, oil return, some kind of tuning/management, etc. to make it work

is the land cruiser a diesel vehicle?...not sure about the size/flow of that turbo and how it would work with the 4efte,,,, may be on the small size of things if its from a diesel??