OK all, need some help on this one... 

Couldn't start the GT last night and after a couple of minutes trying gave up as it was dark and late. 

Have looked at it again this morning and after several cranking attempts it still wouldn't start. 

Checked the plugs and they were soaking wet so suspected no spark. Quick check with a strobe though and the ignition is definitely firing. 

With my head under the bonnet I though it smelt really strong of fuel but there were no signs of leakage. 

This prompted me to notice that the eighth of the tank that I had left when I last used the car was now down to empty. 

After further diagnosis I was horrified to find that the fuel had no leaked out but had somehow ended up in the engine, with the dips tick showing a very diluted oil level several times over the maximum mark!!! 

Now possible engine damage aside, anyone got any ideas on what may of caused this? 

It's almost like the Injectors have been on full chat when cranking. 

I'm at a full loss as to what has caused this so any ideas would be appreciated. 

That's a fair point, I had considered electrical and mechanical issues but not electronic so hadn't checked for codes. 

I did check over the plugs and all were wet with fuel so unless they've all got stuck open I would probably discount an injector fault. 

After spending over 2 hours standing around in what can only be called a blizzard I had given up for today, but will aim to check for codes tomorrow. 

Cheers