Hi I’d like to fit my td04 kit next weekend, as I’ll be doing a lot of bits to the car I thought I’d get it done while I’m at it, just wondering what way do lads set the turbo to 0.5/6 just to keep it safe on stock ecu until I get the standalone and get it mapped

its going onto a 5e , would I need to upgrade fpr and injectors for .6 or would standard ecu be adequate for time being? I will have it hooked up to wideband and check the det while I’m setting it up 

just st want to know the handiest way to set it with the internal actuator thanks

1 hour ago, mccartney11 said:

Hi I’d like to fit my td04 kit next weekend, as I’ll be doing a lot of bits to the car I thought I’d get it done while I’m at it, just wondering what way do lads set the turbo to 0.5/6 just to keep it safe on stock ecu until I get the standalone and get it mapped

its going onto a 5e , would I need to upgrade fpr and injectors for .6 or would standard ecu be adequate for time being? I will have it hooked up to wideband and check the det while I’m setting it up 

just st want to know the handiest way to set it with the internal actuator thanks

Are you using a GT/Glanza ECU with the 5e? If so I'd imagine the volumetric efficiency would be quite different from a 4e engine so wouldn't be sure that would be a good idea to run that engine with the standard ecu at all. Someone else can correct me if i'm wrong on that.

With regards to standard fpr and injectors, I ran a TD04 on these at 0.6 bar on 4e and standard ECU for over a year with no issues. I ran a wideband so had was able to keep an eye on AFR at least.

My gt ran leaner on o.5 it ran much better at o.8 stock ecu / injectors especially the zone where boost build accurs it was better at o.8 as more fuel entered . I was getting g some lean spots till 4500 !!!!! Not good 

Edit. Just noticed its going on 5 e  your going g to suffer lean spots wideband 1st mate

Edited by 5e colin
On 19/3/2018, 13:37:48, Patches said:

Are you using a GT/Glanza ECU with the 5e? If so I'd imagine the volumetric efficiency would be quite different from a 4e engine so wouldn't be sure that would be a good idea to run that engine with the standard ecu at all. Someone else can correct me if i'm wrong on that.

With regards to standard fpr and injectors, I ran a TD04 on these at 0.6 bar on 4e and standard ECU for over a year with no issues. I ran a wideband so had was able to keep an eye on AFR at least.

Yes using a Glanza ecu on it, heard it’s fine in the mid range but it will lean out early on boost 

32 minutes ago, 5e colin said:

My gt ran leaner on o.5 it ran much better at o.8 stock ecu / injectors especially the zone where boost build accurs it was better at o.8 as more fuel entered . I was getting g some lean spots till 4500 !!!!! Not good 

Edit. Just noticed its going on 5 e  your going g to suffer lean spots wideband 1st mate

Yeah going in a 5e , gonna fit a wideband what ratios should I be expecting in the midrange ? This is only temporary to get to a few shows until I organise a stand-alone set up and map, wouldn’t be driven hard much lol

my advice to you is to get it tuned and stay out of boost until you do. 

you need something that tunes both ignition and fueling...the 5e running with 4efte electronics works, but needs the tune (via piggyback or as you mentioned standalone) to get the maps in decent order, else you may get lean and detonation issues at various points in the low/mid rev range, though it may fuel rich in the high rpms

if you put in larger injectors (lets say 330cc/360cc) with just the 4efte ecu, then the car will be inefficient

if you retard the base timing to preempt detonation, the car will be inefficient

the volumetric efficiency between the 4e and 5e are just noticeably different, that's why i strongly advice you to get it tuned

Edited by gorganl2000
6 hours ago, gorganl2000 said:

my advice to you is to get it tuned and stay out of boost until you do. 

you need something that tunes both ignition and fueling...the 5e running with 4efte electronics works, but needs the tune (via piggyback or as you mentioned standalone) to get the maps in decent order, else you may get lean and detonation issues at various points in the low/mid rev range, though it may fuel rich in the high rpms

if you put in larger injectors (lets say 330cc/360cc) with just the 4efte ecu, then the car will be inefficient

if you retard the base timing to preempt detonation, the car will be inefficient

the volumetric efficiency between the 4e and 5e are just noticeably different, that's why i strongly advice you to get it tuned

Would an emanage blue get me by till I get the standalone? I need to get a custom loom made up so gonna cost the guts of £1200 before I map it which isn’t available to pump into the car which only is used for shows at the moment , its in an ep70 by the way so don’t think a harness is available for the way my loom is done

well, i've ran emanage ultimate with 4efte electronics on a 5efte for over 10 years now,,,,had a td04L on at some point too.....so yeah, i know EMU works well with this set up :D

i can't vouch for the EMB, but i suppose it should work as well...just EMU was an upgrade over the EMB, and not much different in pricing

you can probably get either with a fields plug and play harness, boost sensor, etc in the sales section for a very reasonable price

13.5 till 3000 ish 12.5 to 4000 ish  when on .o.8 it was more like 12.5 til 3000 and in the 11s past 4000 

Ecu relayed as above I had my mines and 360cc injector's on my 5 e years ago ran perfect at 1.1/1.2 .that's another cheaper option for you but beyond that boost standalone 

Edited by 5e colin