Competition clutch stage 4 vs ACT "stage 4"

i'm hoping to get some members' experiences on these two clutch set ups which are supposed to handle 300bhp etc based on my readings here and generally. 

basically both kits consist of a  performance pressure plate, sprung 6 puk clutch disc, bearing and alignment tool

really just two different brands i suppose

now i'm trying to find out how they would feel in a daily driven car?---juddery?...stock or hard gear engagement?...stock/moderate/hard pedal feel?....any installation problems?....how long have you been running thme (km/miles)?

Anyone know the torque ratings of these two kits? 

i'd prefer something that feels as close to stock as possible, well within reason given they are uprated

i was also looking at the CC stage 3, but not sure about its longevity at higher torque

all views welcomed

Edited by gorganl2000

i have a spec fitted fucking cunt of a yoke but does it job well  never slips 

CONS 

jurks hard if the revs are to low on take off 

wont release out of second gear on plenty of occasions 

ENGAGEMENT somethimes launches the car forwards when not wanted 

but hey its ok you get used to it ha ha 

I’v had two comp Clutches stage 4 sprung in both my Glanza over the years from idworkz and they both been great . Little bit of a bastard in long traffic jams but other then that they are good . The one thing I would do is put a genuine release bearing in though and bin the comp one off as they get noisy quick :thumbsup: Toby 

Edited by T-dog
8 hours ago, T-dog said:

I’v had two comp Clutches stage 4 sprung in both my Glanza over the years from idworkz and they both been great . Little bit of a bastard in long traffic jams but other then that they are good . The one thing I would do is put a genuine release bearing in though and bin the comp one off as they get noisy quick :thumbsup: Toby 

tnx colin and t-dog

what the exact issue with traffic t-dog?

19 hours ago, 5e colin said:

CONS 

I'll second that, if I known it would be like that I would of got a orc or or os giken instead. I'm not really a fan of spec clutches now  

22 hours ago, 5e colin said:

CONS 

3 hours ago, Mk3 silver gt said:

I'll second that, if I known it would be like that I would of got a orc or or os giken instead. I'm not really a fan of spec clutches now  

is this just the spec brand or just really common among these 6 or 4 puk clutches in general? ..i was hoping the sprung centre would have negated a significant amount of that shaking/judder

knowing me, i'd have a major issue with any excessive juddery and noise, especially as i'd probably be in traffic of some nature on almost any drive i take

it seems so difficult to find that clutch set up between a heavy duty pressure plate/sprung organic clutch and the heavy duty pressure plate/sprung 6 puk clutch....that is still driveable daily/traffic, easy on the transmission, no noise, wont eat through your flywheel, wont bend your fork

that's another issue i observed over the years,,,some persons with those extremely hard pressure plates and twin plate set ups, end up with bent/snapped clutch forks down the road and broken throw out bearings

3 hours ago, daniel_g said:

I rate the exedy 3 puk. 

this i've seen before, to me its kind of on/off and on the aggressive side...though it holds decent power/torque.

i suppose it would be similar to the 4/6puks then?