Twinpot kit factory error, new disk needed!

So at the dawn of time back in around 2014 i bought a twinpot conversion kit, and its sat in my garage waiting to be fitted for literally years. Finally, it was time to fit the damn things and i noticed that the fins inside the disks dont look right. So ive fpund that the fins, that are twisted to better push air through them, are both for the nearside, although the drill and groove pattern is for the offside on one. Fuming, i now need to replace it, can anyone tell me where these are from? Yes i know they went rusty, i damn well sprayed em down with a lot of oil first, fucked if i know why theu still did

20180331_141827.thumb.jpg.72086fb5200d01

20180331_142909.thumb.jpg.2405f080fa5fb4

A lot of OEM discs that have spiralled fins are NOT handed - like these!

Really annoying, Mercedes do this a lot even with genuine AMG spec parts.

It must mean that one disc will always be hotter than the other, meaning one will bite and fade earlier than the other. It offends me greatly!!

I was gutted to see the rust, then chuffed when i noticed they were handed then heartbroken when i saw the factory fuckup, it was an emotional rollercoaster. I cant find any handed disks at all lol, cant remember who sold the kit to me now either.

Edited by Chops

Discs are stiffer if the vanes twist, but to cast two parts when one "will do" costs more.

I used to get handed Supra discs, the part number had an L or R after it - but that's rare.

The Merc ones are drilled in a (single) spiral too! So it's in people's faces that they are being tight....but 99% of people wouldn't notice so they obviously decided to save some cost.

Now i know someone somewhere sells handed disks i must find them lol. MTEC have a drilled ams grooved pattern that looks identical to the pattern on mine, i know its probs a generic cnc program bud ill give em a ring and check anyway.

Handed disks have twiated vanes through em that supposedly can help keep the rotor from warping and pump air through a little faster. Theyre more expensive to produce as each side of the car requires the vanes to rotate in the right direction to pump air outwards. Now ive found there are handed disks thats all i want lol, im fitting brake ducts to feed them!

92128-brake-rotor-engineering-disccutawa