Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Telling the difference between gearbox's

9 posts in this topic

Is there any visible differences so you Can tell the difference between the GT box and glanza box's?

I'm changing mine and believe it may be a GT box, want to know how much fluid it needs and from reading they seem to hold different amounts?

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the end casing on NA's was the pressed black steal, all turbo boxes seem to have the full aluminium casing.

I have never been able to tell the difference although I have seen that some have a raised line going through the selector on the top of the box but I'm not sure this is specific to a particular model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its only MK1 GTs that have a 6 bolt diff.

All turbo boxes i have seen have an alloy 5th gear casing.

Wouldnt worry too much about how much oil it takes, fill it till its full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/04/2018, 16:20:39, daniel_g said:

Its only MK1 GTs that have a 6 bolt diff.

All turbo boxes i have seen have an alloy 5th gear casing.

Wouldnt worry too much about how much oil it takes, fill it till its full.

Do you just fill them all till it leaks back out the filler hole? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chriswep91 said:

Do you just fill them all till it leaks back out the filler hole? 

no to the over flow on the front of the box. 

cheers nick its about 2.5L i believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, akyakapotter said:

no to the over flow on the front of the box. 

cheers nick its about 2.5L i believe

Yeah isn’t that the filler hole aswell? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0