Sign in to follow this  
AltiSR

Rear brake disks won’t come off

Tried hammering, pushing the disk out with bolts, sprayed about half a can of wd40 on it but it just won’t budge any advice would be appreciated. Brakes are on a 91 

thanks 

Just realised what I was doing wrong :crazy:. So when I get new rear disk brakes will I need to replace the bearings as well? 

Cheers

I would while its off it makes sense. you don't have to just check for wear. just remember not to over tighten when you refit or you will destroy the bearings. 

cheers nick  

You can re use the bearings but when you there you might as well replace them. Same bearings as n/a starlet so cheap enough from motorfactors. Think I paid £13 a side for them

4 minutes ago, akyakapotter said:

I would while its off it makes sense. you don't have to just check for wear. just remember not to over tighten when you refit or you will destroy the bearings. 

cheers nick  

4 minutes ago, adzy said:

You can re use the bearings but when you there you might as well replace them. Same bearings as n/a starlet so cheap enough from motorfactors. Think I paid £13 a side for them

Cheers for the help folks appreciate it

On 4/14/2018, 12:55:08, akyakapotter said:

cheers nick  

that last part is very important...don't overtighten 

Ill be putting new brakes on each corner on mine soon, does anyone know the torque settings for the rears as they have the bearings ? 

Thanks