Dont know how long i'll be on this Forum. Bought a '97 Glanza in Japan and its just arrived. Borrowed my pals Trade Plates and took it for its MoT. Passed with no advisories.  Couldnt believe the Emission readings, very clean!  Not sure exactly WHAT Ive got my hands on, but it's a wee beast! However...my bubble was burst when I tried to insure it. WTF?  It's only a 1333 cc puddle jumper, not a Ballistic Missile.  My present feelings are...I dont care how nice a car it is...Im not going to be held ransom by an Insurance Company.  So this could be a short but bitter car experience. Broker said if it had already been Registered in the UK, then it would have been lower. Hmmmm?   I'm not too clued up on these EP91 cars, but this one seems to have a lot of extras. TRD decals displayed on it, and TRD Nardi wheel. Rear strut brace. Turbo Timer, and other gizmos Im afraid to touch, because i haven't a clue what they are for.  Its Black with Alloys.  Genuine mileage 66 Kilometres, which is approx 41,000 miles.  Export docs back this mileage as genuine. Watch this space to see if I keep it, or not.   Jim

Welcome. If you are over 21 with a good driving history it should not be a massive amount to insure a Glanza. Have you tried Greenlight insurance? They are a broker on here and I have found their quotes very reasonable and service and modified cover is excellent imo.

Good luck with the car

James

Thanks James.  I passed the 21 mark 53 years ago.  Tramped all over Europe in my Artics, hauling Cars back to the UK.   Have a clean Licence, Full NCD on Cars, as well as my Bikes. However my NCD is currently being used on my Toyota Hiace Camper Van. Even so, I thought the quote of £600 was excessive, and no way am I going to pay that for a fun car.  So this might be a short lived ownership.  Jim

Hi Calum, To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.  74 years old, FULL NCD on my cars, FULL NCD on my Motorbikes.  Clean Licence, nothing pending.  HGV 1 & Bus Entitlement on my Licence. Done it, and seen it, and they want £600?  Pigs will fly first!  I have a few (5) Classic Minis and they are insured Comprehensive, cost £100 each. Scunnered!!  Think the wee Beastie will be looking for a new home.          Tried Greenlight, as recommended by James....bloody hell....that is a maze!  Gave up!!  Jim

Nope. They asked for the Vin Number, which is EP 91----------. So i guess they know its a Glanza.  Ive got all my vehicles insured with them, except my Gixer, which is with Bennetts.  Its not as if Im a young tearaway. Theyve insured me on previous Glanza, and Scooby RAs.  Nothing has changed since then,apart from getting older, so cant understand this quote. Jim

Like your friend, mine was also the V6.  Sold it to a guy who travelled all the way from Poland to buy it. That car was the nearest thing to a fast bike in acceleration. Awesome.  My pal Rallied one as well, placing very high. 

1521838750829-index-resized.jpg.8776acff

Oh yeah ditto.

This thing has had everything RCM do done to it. Including brand new Six speed box from Subaru. Anti Lag, Carbon prop shaft.

Very high spec. Gorgous car.

Naturally, not as good as my GT :D Jokes.

Granted, insurance for all of this is somewhat...pricey.

Edited by Calum122
On 4/21/2018, 10:37:24, Calum122 said:

1521838750829-index-resized.jpg.8776acff

Oh yeah ditto.

This thing has had everything RCM do done to it. Including brand new Six speed box from Subaru. Anti Lag, Carbon prop shaft.

Very high spec. Gorgous car.

Naturally, not as good as my GT :D Jokes.

Granted, insurance for all of this is somewhat...pricey.

Been through a few engines hasnt it?

22 hours ago, Calum122 said:

??? 

Not to my knowledge, Dean built it and never drove it. It has a completely fresh version one closed deck. 

last time I saw it it was parked up because it was knocking its tits off

JamesD89, Greenlight got back to me, even though their Website wasnt letting me answer all their questions.  Basically they are quoting me £329, which is reasonable, sort of!  Ironic that the last Glanza I owned I'd insured with Highway, same company who are offering Cover through Greenlight. 

Ollieh17... Why are you knocking Calum's friends car?  It looks a nice car, and it's not being offered for sale, so no need to slag it. Let's play nice.    Jim

21 minutes ago, Albannach said:

JamesD89, Greenlight got back to me, even though their Website wasnt letting me answer all their questions.  Basically they are quoting me £329, which is reasonable, sort of!  Ironic that the last Glanza I owned I'd insured with Highway, same company who are offering Cover through Greenlight. 

Ollieh17... Why are you knocking Calum's friends car?  It looks a nice car, and it's not being offered for sale, so no need to slag it. Let's play nice.    Jim

Ah, I believe Ollie may be well justified in his statements.

1 hour ago, Albannach said:

Im not knocking! Previous owner is questionable to say the least. Its an awesome car