My starlet seems to be using a lot of fuel

Hello all :thumbsup: i am new to the forum and also new to owning a starlet. I have a 1994 Toyota starlet 1.3l gli. This is only my second car so i am not sure if the fuel consumption is normal as it uses a lot more than my polo breadvan that was also a 1.3l but 1991. I get about 80 miles to a 1/4 of a tank. I used to put £20 in a week in the polo and that was plenty but seem to have to put 30 or more in the starlet for the same amounts of miles. Is that normal? I know its a really stupid question but just trying to see if there is a possible running problem x

Edited by Stephaniex

Max. Ive ever had was 630km from 1 fueltank in my GT (4EFTE). Do a basic service on your car, 10W40 oil, filter and air filter. Clean the throttle body and inlet, and try a fuel additives engine and injector cleaner. Also check your tire pressure is correct.

Edited by maerijn

My old rep was around 40+ mpg average, went to Japfest and used 45£ fuel and spanked it most of the way, 310mile full tank probably 200 mile at 70-80 on the motorway, same journey in the GT a year later used a full tank/45£ worth and again it got spanked a good bit there and back, from memory it was 37mpg from the rep and 32mpg from the GT :girl_devil:

Hope that's some use lol

• 1 month later...