Looking to build a new engine for my ep91. I am not chasing power only really looky 230 break so I can't justify speeding the money on forged pistons and rods as a standard engine would hold 230 no problem. 

I am however finding it hard to find standard pistons. I already have gt rods. 

Ive recently discovered that Suzuki G16B Pistons can work in a 4efte. They are 75 mm so require the block to be bored. But they are easy to source brand new at a decent price. 

Ive also discovered 2nz-fe pistons can work as well but there's a lot less information out there and don't seem to be as easily sourced. 

I was looking to know if anybody on here has had any experience with either of these pistons. 

IMG_3503.JPG

Just speak to whoever is going to be building it.

Have heard of it being done before with the vitara pistons.

Just need to watch your compression ratio is still going to be wild, in either direction.

Its all in the map, they might be 'stronger' but not bombproof. Fairly easy to melt a piston :D

4 hours ago, daniel_g said:

Just speak to whoever is going to be building it.

Have heard of it being done before with the vitara pistons.

Just need to watch your compression ratio is still going to be wild, in either direction.

Its all in the map, they might be 'stronger' but not bombproof. Fairly easy to melt a piston :D

Yes mate I'm going to go ask this week, just trying to gather as much information as I can first. 

Was initially just going to run a standard ecu, fcd and fpr. That may change though. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Jesus diaz said:

Im using 2nz piston on my 4efte, compression 170 psi with metal hg, have over 20mil km running with out not problems, i put it on a dyno 182hp @ 10psi at the wheels

My ig @jesradiaz

What rod/gudgeon pin setup? 

• 1 year later...