Emoji my accidental Glanza Build

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a while but its been a busy month, Wish I could say I was doing stuff to my car myself but that's not the case and wont be for a while but that doesn't mean the build does not continue in my absence.

I did make it to JAE but was very very Late

IMG_2460.thumb.JPG.8bbe05dff56982f8f0ffa13c9c3c1989.JPG

Back to the Build so suspension is off

ARYY7139.thumb.JPG.0c512e217c30fa5234abdb39dd1c6524.JPG

Meisters are on

CTLI1256.thumb.JPG.0d081b42e8b32852e421312e7245be66.JPGWXIO9111.thumb.JPG.da57c1f3ff229f8e5dc81cb3eafbbee2.JPG

Carbon Wings are on

KGJU6495.thumb.JPG.5c31974d51c83012dcabbff4cbe91721.JPG

TANP5948.thumb.JPG.d6006187783392536cd98f904f8942da.JPG

Rear ARB is on

PTZW0956.thumb.JPG.595b307cd40f5ea49684d49c0368efac.JPG

KVVI3289.thumb.JPG.fb27565be584558f8692cf56f06ab166.JPG

Here's an idea of what she will look like with the Fiber Glass bonnet as well which she would have if I could track down my ********* drill.

EZQU8776.thumb.JPG.2763167db95d4e0ddac428c418c44d47.JPG

Thanks for the work you put in Jelly and for sending the pics over.

Keep up the good work mate lots still to do looks like I will be back 22nd or 23rd October and remember Snetterton on 27th is the target

:drinks:

Edited by Neversimple
typo
1 hour ago, HedgeyGedgey said:

Looking sweet mate. You'll notice the difference with the roll bar for sure, I had mine off for a day and it just felt weird, almost as if the back of the car wasn't connected to the front

Cheers though jellybaby needs to take the credit for the hard work mate I am floating about in the North Sea.

It’s always strange for me when I get back takes me a week to get used to driving again when I get back i don’t go near a car for a month when I am working.

I am looking forward to collecting her in late October see what she can do and how she feels. It’s hopefully going to be a bit nicer with the new seat too. Will find out on the 20 mile drive home.

Parting with a big lump of hard earned cash later as ordering the cage tonight from custom cages as an early Xmas present 5 week lead time though and it’s designed for the ep82 but my welder is convinced it will fit the EP91 no problems

i hope he’s right cause it’s an expensive purchase and the last one till Easter and Brexit is sorted or not.

42 minutes ago, Nanglebadger said:

Nice update bud, really liking the CF against the yellow! Looks class!

Looking forward to more updates!

Phil.

Thanks Phil more luck than judgement on that one I was going for weight saving at the front and heat reduction for future engine upgrades

1 hour ago, jayc-glanza17 said:

You will need blocks at bottom of cage like i have tom. Theres a half inch or so difference in cage sizes..

Lets hope jelleybaby keeps up the pace

Dw it will be all done even if I have to book a extra day off work for the final snagging. 

Only big big job is the dash removal and fitting my flocked dash. As don’t no what I will find being the dash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been manically busy.

Today I got Emoji on a track in my first ever sprint and the first time pushing the car on this set up.

On 9/27/2018 at 10:13 PM, jayc-glanza17 said:

I see more pics of this everyday.haha.. glad my bits gone to good home

So First Thank you to Jay-C for organising the parts for me from his old track Glanza lots in the for sale section.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:18 PM, jellybaby said:

Dw it will be all done even if I have to book a extra day off work for the final snagging. 

Only big big job is the dash removal and fitting my flocked dash. As don’t no what I will find being the dash

Second thank you to JellyBaby for getting them all fitted for me and all the other bits from my shed and much more stuff.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:49 PM, RobSR said:

Carbon looks great against the yellow.

Pleased to hear you are happy with our fenders! Feel free to send some pics to us and we can post them on our Instagram/FB page :)

I will say this as its a visual thing, a lot of people liked the wings today, they really liked them. They Really stand out. I hope that helps out in the future as a few Starlet owners were at Snetterton in the Japanese Sprint Series everyone loves carbon fiber they probably thought they were wasted on me but I got them as an impulse buy second hand.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:48 PM, HedgeyGedgey said:

Looking sweet mate. You'll notice the difference with the roll bar for sure, I had mine off for a day and it just felt weird, almost as if the back of the car wasn't connected to the front

Thankyou to HedgeyGedgey for Suggesting sprint Series to me It was a good crack. Not the best conditions.

Thanks to the sprint series today and the participants who put up with me a complete novice.

Emoji did well and was planted. I did 2 Sighting Laps, 1 Practice Lap, 4 timed laps, (2 timed dry laps, 2 timed wet laps).

I left the suspension the road set up so much going on trying to learn what was going on in general, I completely forgot to adjust her.

So the Meister CRD did well and an hours drive home after a track day was not as bad as it was before with the new seats and ride quality.

I did not have the stones to really test the brakes but felt I was over braking significantly on the way into corners as had to accelerate again after the approach (I almost stopped on one or 2 corners). Those WMS Brakes really worked well. So Kim I know I did not buy them off you in the end, they really did perform so I know I will keep coming back (I just need to learn how to use them).  

Just driver issues again not having any driving for the 5 weeks and a very small amount of local driving did not help, but the test was successful. I just need to learn the car. Preparation is Key for the driver and the car, I know this but real life first and its been a hectic week.

So I spun like a top off the line 2nd dropped a bollock in the 6 speed box that came with the car so could not shift into 2nd at high revs. Looking at new or reliable 2nd hand 5 speed not sure when due to budget and brexit.

I stopped trying and started in 2nd which worked better.

I spun it on a bend in the drying wet when I lost only 16 seconds on my previous lap, with a stall 2 point turn to get back facing the right way,  so if I hadn't spun I would have improved my times again I am sure.

For those that haven't done a track day I still recommend it.

I need more track time that's a definite and Snetterton is difficult to learn in 7 laps do not underestimate it, next car investments are me related I need track time a woolly hat and some better gloves for driving.

Edited by Neversimple
accuracy
12 minutes ago, SKINY said:

I love the colour of this :) might I suggest a yellow grill for the bonnet....

Thanks Skinny she does look good :thumbsup: the grill will happen just absolutely bonkers busy right now

On the List

Brake squeak rear right 

Peel numbers off

Gearbox Sourced time constraints planning around now

Sun Visor (Black)

Grill Yellow

Edited by Neversimple
Addition Addition
  • 2 months later...

Well lots happened, the car is now a mini transit van. I sold the bmw so emoji became my daily still doing me proud on my third trip to Holland since November will get her back before brexit. if I get the chance going to get her on track at Nurburgring as only 3 hours from where I live I will be sensible and I will take the luggage out.

02BA9CAC-68FA-4A5E-A967-D958C8580476.thumb.jpeg.a8f50c9a635770abb549a6263675a785.jpeg663C919D-DDDB-4FE6-8A0A-2964B2179F38.thumb.jpeg.a6a4ef8b086d3e0e9c88aefc0a12e349.jpeg

nearly done toiletries and laptop to add

Turns out Nurburgring is closed due to snow but met dutch Toyota club people looking forward to some fun the track build has completely stalled. Moving house is breaking the bank no roll cage gear box in jelly babies garage LSD there too