Emoji my accidental Glanza Build

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not really a progress update as nothing has changed on the car but importantly. I have now got a new daily for Holland so Emoji is coming home for some much needed TLC. 

278BED9F-80F9-4460-AD45-184FE1AEEF6A.thumb.jpeg.e7ca05e6041544f8cec66135e9cf8ba8.jpeg

Service time and a little maintenance and prep for the season ahead no one likes cold metal in winter. 

Brakes have been a right pain can’t get them hot enough here it’s freezing always and Dutch motorways are not fun because of drainage! But let the fun begin!!

work looks promising too so hopefully I can build a solid lil glanza track car seriously contemplating wrapping it soon!

1 hour ago, SKINY said:

Bonnets looking good now bud 8)

Thanks skiny doesn’t look quite so clean up close I think a wrap or paint job this year maybe on the cards I am reluctant though I am used to the yellow! Never known her any different.

shes had a tough winter in sand and snow too it was not the intention but not missed a beat

Edited by Neversimple

There's something about small yellow cars I just love lol, seen a GT done yellow too and would love mine done, I'd also love a mad manga style wrap and and and....:crazy:

They are great in snow, last year here was bad but hardly any weight so they just skip along over it 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ok last time I was in England I was lucky to remember to MOT the car she failed her first go emissions and a squinty headlight thanks to jelly baby and his MOT knowledge he got me through. If you need a reference that relates to imports and all sorts ask JB he saved emoji.

Edited by Neversimple
  • 1 year later...

Well after a year of good intentions and little progress due to Work moving Countries and then a year after I moved. Covid came along and kicked the world in the bollocks. I hope everyone is as well as can be expected. Well Emoji has not been on the road for 2 years almost. I have only seen her on a drive way and she does not look pretty. 

But I am on my way back to England, Essential worker status, been offshore for a month and isolated so probably the least likely person to have Covid atm. Brexit hasn't helped much recently either.

Hers the progress part, she's insured for my return on Friday.

Next steps MOT (not sure after 2 years sitting she will pass but we will have to see). She was MOT'd before I parked her up. but 2 year old fluids mean I am not confident especially on emissions. I will post pictures of her before the MOT.