Emoji my accidental Glanza Build

8 hours ago, Neversimple said:

Thanks for the good wishes and yes the import papers are a pain.

If someone needs tips give me a shout if its been in the country a while I almost got caught on loads of things.

I waiting till I get to know her before I name her so fingers crossed for that paper work is at my house when I get home 

Call her Gina, as in orangina!! :yahoo:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got great news today the DVLA have sent the V5 through and I now have a road legal R reg Starlet Glanza. Unfortunately I am in Denmark and cant drive her till I get home on Wednesday and due real life stuff I am going to be rushed off my feet for the first few days back.

I am going to make the time though to get her out for at least an hour or 2 before Friday.

2 minutes ago, Neversimple said:

Well I got great news today the DVLA have sent the V5 through and I now have a road legal R reg Starlet Glanza. Unfortunately I am in Denmark and cant drive her till I get home on Wednesday and due real life stuff I am going to be rushed off my feet for the first few days back.

I am going to make the time though to get her out for at least an hour or 2 before Friday.

Awesome Sauce!! 

Ive had my Glanza about two weeks (fourth Starlet turbo, 2nd Glanza) took her for her first decent run the other night! About an hour and a half cruise. God I forgot how unforgiving coilovers are, I wil deffo be playing with the dampening lol! We need more pics of her! On the road this time!!!

safe journey from Denmark dude!

26 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Awesome Sauce!! 

Ive had my Glanza about two weeks (fourth Starlet turbo, 2nd Glanza) took her for her first decent run the other night! About an hour and a half cruise. God I forgot how unforgiving coilovers are, I wil deffo be playing with the dampening lol! We need more pics of her! On the road this time!!!

safe journey from Denmark dude!

Thanks mate and will do next time I can still have to order the plates do halfords do japanese  shaped plates or do I have to order them from Somewhere does anyone know?? 

Probably be cheaper and easier to order them

from eBay! They just send them out where I’m sure Halfords will give you hassle about the sharp and size of the jap plates! Well they did me! 

26 minutes ago, Neversimple said:

Thanks I found somewhere earlier so they are on the way and should be waiting for me when I get home

Oooh exciting! What did you go for? Or you gone for plain and normal? 

7 hours ago, Jay85 said:

Oooh exciting! What did you go for? Or you gone for plain and normal? 

I went for Japanese shape plain and normal for now I have a lot more to worry about before making her pretty

On 29/05/2018, 15:12:20, mart1 said:

Remember seeing this car up for sale around 3 yrs back at a dealers, and stating 6speed gearbox. 

Some weird shit going on with it, never got registered from dealers then about 6 months after was back up for sale privately but same seller. 

Definitely same car yellow outside red inside same alloys. 

Like learning to drive her the gear box when I test shifted it after reading mart1's post above felt very different I noticed 2nd and 3rd were a bit dificult to find and shes a bitch to get in reverse but I put that down to the age and potentially the need for a new gear box. When I tested it to see about the  speed box I realized the gears the gears are not set up in a standard H type fashion they shift Diagonally which is a first for me. I also found the thread on here about having a 6 speed in a standard Starlet double clutching and rev matching which is something I have never had to deal with before.

So the list is shorter now but not by much still lots to do before pretty and I have more and more parts in the shed waiting to be fitted. Also some basic maintenance stuff 

Oh I think I decided on a name and it is going to be Emoji :angel: 

57 minutes ago, Neversimple said:

I went for Japanese shape plain and normal for now I have a lot more to worry about before making her pretty

Like learning to drive her the gear box when I test shifted it after reading mart1's post above felt very different I noticed 2nd and 3rd were a bit dificult to find and shes a bitch to get in reverse but I put that down to the age and potentially the need for a new gear box. When I tested it to see about the  speed box I realized the gears the gears are not set up in a standard H type fashion they shift Diagonally which is a first for me. I also found the thread on here about having a 6 speed in a standard Starlet double clutching and rev matching which is something I have never had to deal with before.

So the list is shorter now but not by much still lots to do before pretty and I have more and more parts in the shed waiting to be fitted. Also some basic maintenance stuff 

Oh I think I decided on a name and it is going to be Emoji :angel: 

I've got many of names for mine especially when I'm working on it. 

Well today was the day 10 months of maybes ifs and buts but finally I drove her...

She was not the cleanest when I got home after the road got resurfaced

OCaPlz8.jpg

I feel the cobwebs added to the moment

CEE3nyM.jpg

She looked much better with 2 added extras courtesy of paper work from DVLA and 30 seconds with a hose

ONRENJq.jpg

N7F3Z96.jpg

After a drive she needed a sit in the shade i needed some breakfast

wJVHJAW.jpg

After a quote for a paint job (£2k Fuck that for a track car) I got her a wash instead £6 sacrilege I know but she's never going to a show and shine event 

2S6v6J7.jpg

to toast the first time she has been on British roads since 2012 I bought her a friend from duty free which I am about to enjoy

vDa1wHt.jpg

now the fun begins emoji is far from perfect lots to do but she's road legal cheers all

1 hour ago, Calum122 said:

2k is not a bad price. I doubt it would have been a very good job for that price though...

Glad you got out in it though!

That’s the price as a rolling shell but he was straight with me if I am going to race it better to spend the cash on tyres

2 minutes ago, Neversimple said:

That’s the price as a rolling shell but he was straight with me if I am going to race it better to spend the cash on tyres

Well I've been quoted double that for my car, and there isn't really much left on my car to remove. I'd say it's a fair price to be honest. But I can't see them doing a very good job if that's the case. Body work is very labour intensive!

27 minutes ago, Calum122 said:

Well I've been quoted double that for my car, and there isn't really much left on my car to remove. I'd say it's a fair price to be honest. But I can't see them doing a very good job if that's the case. Body work is very labour intensive!

It depends where you live, the amount of paint shops in the local areas, how much work they have etc. 2k is a fair price for a blow over! 

27 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

It depends where you live, the amount of paint shops in the local areas, how much work they have etc. 2k is a fair price for a blow over! 

Well he could have fed me full of bs but he said don’t bother if you wanna race it you will also need new panels bumpers etc so better to save it for maintenance, parts and tyres he did himself out of a job he could have just said yep 2k which given how tired I am I may have said yes. 

That was literally a rolling shell quote dash out seats out engine out