Hi guys I have my starlet gt turbo booked in for a remap with TD.

It has a td04 turbo on there will be fitting a frp and emanage ultimate. The car has standard internals.

I was wondering is it worth upgrading the injectors too?

I found two sets of spares I have.

Denso 23250-70080 312cc injectors

Denso 195500-2020 550cc injectors

What do you guys think or better to leave it standard.

In my opinion there is no need for bigger injectors if you plan on running around 1 bar or under mate. I run just over 1 bar on td04 standard internals and had no problems so far. If you want to push anymore than a bar I would reccomend bigger injectors but lots haven’t bothered and is not essential.

Your probably pushing the standard injectors pretty hard at 1 bar,

also if you plan to go for more power later on its future proofing them. The standard injectors will be at least around 20 years old now, 

i would upgrade, but only if you got the right management to go with it

if you are going to stick to a stock td04L...then you can get some mazda gtx 360cc injectors 195500-2130 or toyota 370cc injectors 23250-74160  ----the latter probably have a better spray pattern, but both will work and will require tuning and will meet the needs of any boost u run on a stock td04l

if you plan on hybrid td04l or td05 later on, then get mazda rx7 460cc or 550cc----------the latter are not the best to tune at idle due to old design

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/community/index.php?threads/interchangelable-injectors.58014/

luckily we have some of the newer type Subaru WRX/STI available now as well, 420cc and 565cc---easier to tune with better spray pattern

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1218460

PS. try to avoid fake/cheap non-genuine injectors

Edited by gorganl2000