Billy_2627

Turboing my starlet 4efe

Hi guys a wanna know how and what i need to turbo my 4efe motor and what parts i need if anyone could help my with a list of whats parts i need i would greatly appriciated it

this should answer some of your questions dude

Thx again i got so.e useful info just need to start looking for the parts  and keep looking for some info

No worries dude, search 4efe turbo conversion and have a read of some of the threads! Loads of info on here! 

My guess is by boat unless it has water damage :p

I just think it's mental that the little JDM car has made it all around the globe.

And let us be honest, the EP85 EP95 in stock trim has much to be left desired. Or at least, that's my opinion. When you think it's cheaper and more accessible to get a DM 4WD Turbo car like Scooby or Evo. Especially for the price of these starlets. Then let us say you do want to turbo, you are looking at getting again Non-DM parts from Japan to the Caribiaan. I'd say, it's a lot of work and hats off to you!

Yes by boat and by what ive seen and read its possible and also i will be crazy dont want crazy powet just enough to make my 4efe 4wd a little bit more quicker

Oh yea, these cars are easy to turbo. I was just saying, it is still pretty expensive, when Impreza's must exist in your country.

I was just saying how awesome it is.

1 minute ago, Billy_2627 said:

Yea its pretty expensive to import a evo orva impreza in our country

Yeah but do you not have them domestically? Is what I'm saying...

Yea i just need some more insite or advice what should need couse ive got a turbo a manifold a fuelpressur ragulator  i just need a fmic ecu fuelpump and maybe the the intake manifold of a 4efte

Posted (edited)

Posted rubbis in error!

Edited by Jay85

From memory, when I looked into getting a 95 and swapping it, the best way to do it was to swap the engine for a 4efte as well as the dash loom and dash. 

If you’re dead set on turboing the 4efe, then I’ve reached the end of my knowledge, sorry dude. 

EP85 or EP95?

Its very straight forward. I have mentioned in loads of various old threads all the parts you need. Its going back a few years now since i converted my 85.

You can turbo the 4efe that comes in it, they are ok up to about 0.6bar on a standard turbo ECU. Higher compression ratio than a turbo engine.

Not sure what fuel you have.

You will need the 4wd sump modified to accept a turbo oil return line.

FTE parts to get, or upgraded.

Not all of this is needed, depends what route you want to take.

FTE ECU

Engine ancillary loom, plugs direct into the standard fuse box.

Injectors

FTE dizzy

FTE coil igniter

Ignition leads

Inlet & TB

MAP sensor

AIT sensor

Thermostat housing sensors to match loom (water lines, optional)

PAS pump and line (optional)

Dash, clocks & loom (optional)

Turbo manifold

Intercooler

Flywheel and clutch

Civic dual core radiator

Hi guys uhm if got a question do any of you guys know if someone on the forum does has a 4wd manual gearbox for the ep95 starlet or do you know how i can convert it to a manual

If you go on to face book and search for a guy called Conor Brown, from Dublin Ireland. He’s built a few awd turbos, so he may be able to sort you out!