Handbrake not working

So my handbrake is non - existant. 

Ive rebuilt them with a rebuild kit and put them back on but no handbrake which i presumed are the cables.

Ive had a look at it today and the cables are poor yes but with the calliper bolted on with the cable off, when turning the mechanism by hand (without the bracket for the cable) it only bites right at the very end of its throw and ive managed to turn it far enough that the pin has slipped out of the hole and the mechanism is now stuck. 

My question is, are the pins in the inner piston prone to wear ? Or the mechanism that turns that it sits into ? Pin is 47613B and turning mechanism is 47621A

470650A.png

The same thing happend me and the C ring 47730C was out off place. remove the piston again and see in the bore did the C ring out off place..after fitting them did you bleed the brakes and bring the car for a drive to bed in the pads again?

Yes ive had all the components on one side back out and re-assembled and its all as it should be. Yes i drove the car and the foot brake is clamping them no problem its just the handbrake. 

Ive since been back out and wound the piston out a bit and then gradually back until its tight to get over the pads. Pulled the leaver a few times and it was just starting to clamp down thought it was sorted..

Bled it out and tried the handbrake leaver and nothing it just goes back and forth with no resistance

Rear discs on these suck, I've done exactly the same as you numberous times and they still don't work. Left it with a garage after an MOT and told them that they just don't work and to check them over, told me I needed a new caliper, so I fitted a spare one, which still didn't work. 

Next thing I know, it's passed its MOT and guess what, the handbrake still doesn't work lol. Even the footbrake has really low efficiency on them.

If you want a working handbrake on a Toyota, fit drums. Haven't touched the ones on my corolla in 9 years and they still lock the back wheels!

Genuinely considering a drum set up at this stage. 

So, today... ive messed around with the piston winding it so that its very tight getting over the pads. Hook the cables up and it bites yes but wont lock solid after being bled out

My rh cable is fine but my lh pulls but wont release so will need a new one. Footbrake locks solid. 

One disk measures 7mm the other 8mm so i may just get a new lh cable, new pads and see how it goes.