lately ive had an issue with my glanza and the way it feels driving down the road, the steering feel is very vague and wonders around the lane on spirited driving its making the car un-enjoyable.

im pretty positive my drivers side front bc coilover(7month old) is knocking slightly, and I've had the car up on a ramp and noticed wet steering arm gaitors so pretty sure the rack is on its way out, this coupled with an average alignment and stock glanza seats isnt helping.

anyone got any thought on this?

What you’ve already said seems to be a good place to start, and don’t forget that your rack bushes are 20 + years old too! 

I’d advise a new rack and full poly bush set if you can afford it! 

6 minutes ago, daniel_g said:

Havent heard any feedback about the black series steering rack bushes, 50 quid for the pair.

One of the best handling mods i have done was fit a 4 point under brace, ultra racing.

yeah ive always wanted one dan the starlets dont have sub frame for any structural support 

1 hour ago, maddox710 said:

my old (famous) white v had full poly and wasn't that bad, id like to get rack done first, not really a hard job from what I've looked at, anyone done similar job ?

Every bush on my GT has been replaced with Poly bushes and it's absolutely fine. Even no PS and I think it's fine to drive. But I know some on here can't stand it.

Depends what you are used to driving on, i have them on mine aswell, quite stiff sidewalls.

Normally ball joints, track rods and lower arm bushes cause the most issues up front on a starlet.

Aldo worth noting if the rear beam isnt solid, ie panhard and beam bushes worn, that gives a weird loose rear floaty feel.

53 minutes ago, daniel_g said:

Depends what you are used to driving on, i have them on mine aswell, quite stiff sidewalls.

Normally ball joints, track rods and lower arm bushes cause the most issues up front on a starlet.

Aldo worth noting if the rear beam isnt solid, ie panhard and beam bushes worn, that gives a weird loose rear floaty feel.

7mnth old bc coilovers, new ball joints, track rod ends, and new adjustable panhard rod 

22 hours ago, jayc-glanza17 said:

How are ball joints will? Check the bsck of wishbone where anti lift goes those captive nuts can come loose

Are there captive nuts on the other side of that?

Where would you find them if you were to look? Say if you reckon you have totally annihilated one?

2 hours ago, morgey said:

The knocking on the BC will likely be the nut on top of the pillow ball, mine and a couple of others have came loose before and caused a knocking.

2 hours ago, morgey said:

The knocking on the BC will likely be the nut on top of the pillow ball, mine and a couple of others have came loose before and caused a knocking.

On 6/23/2018, 10:55:26, daniel_g said:

Ahh cheers mate I'm off work today so might have a quick look too see what's what 

11 hours ago, morgey said:

different brand coil-overs for me, but same experience...i try to double check these 2 nuts every few months now