So after lurking these forums for a fair while (enough time to go through two sets of standard pistons to be precise!) i've decided i'd become fully immersed in the starlet scene and of course their engines, making the brave decision to go fully forged!

His name is George, and from the day I first saw him turn up in my workshop for an MOT and service back in early 2016 I knew I had to have him! My first jap car in a long list of cars, but seriously the most fun car i've ever driven. Never fails to put a smile on my face and without a doubt will make me sweat everytime I put my foot down!

I'm gonna be editing this as time goes on to reflect how he was when I first got him and the things i've done since then (photographer by nature means my images are spread all over the fkn place...!)

Here's a nice photo of how he looks after a clean up though...

5b313bc33f4e8_406620-20edit201_zpspwvou5

And here he is present day looking sad as f!ck..

9787%20-%20edit%201_zpsvvebngmr.jpg

After chewing through two sets of ringlands on piston no.3 within the space of less than two years, his time has come to be fully forged. I understand this process takes time so he will be fitted with some standard pistons to be able to move around in and out of the booth, etc while I build up a new block with a freshly recond. head and all the bells and whistles I can afford. I want to try and prove within this build thread that you don't need a crazy budget to be able to build something that lasts and reaches decent horsepower.

This is my first ever engine build so I'm really excited to get stuck in and learn a shit ton along the way!

I bought a real nice block off a guy down in Bristol yesterday. It's from a project some of you may have seen which went terribly wrong. The block was rehoned and notched by the Rob down at PEC so I've been assured the quality of the work carried out is one hundred and ten percent. A set of forged pistons added to the final deal made it not only sweet but means I have been able to avoid doing work on the block currently sat in the car and it can be put on a stand to spend some decent time with. 

Screenshot_2018-06-25-22-43-34.thumb.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-22-43-16.thumb.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-22-44-02.thumb.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-22-43-46.thumb.png

Also managed to pick up a freshly reconditioned head the same day from a friendly geezer in Taunton! Just been skimmed and had new valves and perfect to use on my new build!

Screenshot_2018-06-25-22-40-36.thumb.png

Was a mission with me and my misses in my ep3 daily (over 4hrs one way including traffic not included services stops) but well worth it!

More updates tomorrow!!

E.

Edited by elikhan