Standard glanza fuel cut?

Hey guys,

I have a standard glanza no mods done what so ever. Before I bought the car the owner before me had replaced the turbo (with a standard one I presume?)

So the car runs fine in low boost, as soon as you go high boost it seems to hit the fuel cut. no engine light comes on though.

I'm wondering if when he put the wastegate lines back on wrong? Does anyone have a diagram on how to plumb these up?

I bought the car cheap thinking this would be an easy fix.

How does the closed loop boost work on these cars? because if it works on low boost the wastegate must be opening, then something is going wrong when switching over to high boost.

Thanks in advance for the help

Pretty simple stuff.

First check the actuator. Is it aftermarket (HKS?) or the stock.

The dual boost mode on these cars are primitive.

A the OEM actuator is dual port. The Hi/Lo button actuates a solenoid which determines which port the boost sensor actuators off (which spring preload to use).

If there is a hole in the sense line, it will bleed off gases, giving false readings to the actuator, causing the car to overboost and hit fuel cut.

If the actuator is aftermarket and adjustable, then it just needs the preload adjusting so it opens earlier.

Hopefully that makes sense.

22 minutes ago, Calum122 said:

Pretty simple stuff.

First check the actuator. Is it aftermarket (HKS?) or the stock.

The dual boost mode on these cars are primitive.

A the OEM actuator is dual port. The Hi/Lo button actuates a solenoid which determines which port the boost sensor actuators off (which spring preload to use).

If there is a hole in the sense line, it will bleed off gases, giving false readings to the actuator, causing the car to overboost and hit fuel cut.

If the actuator is aftermarket and adjustable, then it just needs the preload adjusting so it opens earlier.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Ahh that makes perfect sense.

I'm pretty sure its a standard actuator, Are there any other standard turbos that would fit on the standard manifold?

So I must have a boost leek somewhere in the high boost line.

Is there an easer way of connecting it up without having to connect to that hard line that goes behind the power steering pump? Just to see if that is the actual problem?