How's people been getting on with the new mot rules. 

My glanza needs sorting for next week so been trying to explain to a couple of garages about if they can do the none cat test on my car and so far it's not gone down too well with them, I'm getting the impression that they think I'm trying to tell them how to do there job, one guy told me to go look in the book online so told him to go look in the book haha. 

Have managed to find one garage that's prepared to do a none cat test as long as I say it has the older gt engine fitted before 1993. 

What do you reckon? Shall I just go with saying that then. I do have a cat on but I have gutted it. 

Edited by mart1

20th May, makes me wonder what's going to be next, petrol and diesel cars could be banned by 2030. Will future classic cars be worth anything if we can't use them, people will just get rid. 

3 hours ago, mart1 said:

How's people been getting on with the new mot rules. 

My glanza needs sorting for next week so been trying to explain to a couple of garages about if they can do the none cat test on my car and so far it's not gone down too well with them, I'm getting the impression that they think I'm trying to tell them how to do there job, one guy told me to go look in the book online so told him to go look in the book haha. 

Have managed to find one garage that's repared to do a none cat test as long as I say it has the older gt engine fitted before 1993. 

What do you reckon? Shall I just go with saying that then. I do have a cat on but I have gutted it. 

Because it should be tested as a Cat vehicle. If someone is prepared to do a non cat test  go for it

Past and with emissions test, local garage put it through emissions test for me before they did mot. Wasn't expecting it to pass with standard cat gutted but it did only just. Mentioned my rear brakes need looking at that's it, discs are good and I've put new pads on so not sure what's going on with them. 

• 2 weeks later...