I got all 3 Engine and Gearbox poly bushes fitted recently along with a new Competition Clutch. 

Are they meant to vibrate the hell out the car lol it seems like the cars going to fall in pieces soon. 

- Vibrates alot on idle

- When backing down a gear to break the whole car judders and vibrates. (This is the worst bit) 

Which ones the best to change back to normal again to get a good ride again, or all 3?

Everything is polybushed on my car and I don't find it that bad. Definitely doesn't judder on down shift. Not to an extent that causes concern.

When I started my car up for the first time in three years, the dash was bouncing through the windshield (like really bad). But it's stopped doing that now, I guess it was just the amount of rust on the flywheel.

My mate's Impreza RA is rose jointed everywhere and it isn't that bad.

hmm do you think it could be the rear gearbox mount that judders on down shift? I brought that one used from someone on here. The other 2 were brand new. 

I can deal with the vibrations but that juddering on down shift is annoying or could this be related to the Competition Clutch paddle clutch I got fitted in? 

5 minutes ago, glanzadude said:

Yea i have my Gt fully poly bushed, when i got them fitted first it was bad but you just have to let them bed in.

How long would you say to bed in roughly? I done about a 1000 miles since. 

41 minutes ago, Nilz90 said:

All my polybushes are brand new, although fitted two years ago I've done about 100 miles on them no issues. Although I do have the tunes on most of the time and the windows down so probably why I don't notice lol

On 12/07/2018, 15:31:34, Nilz90 said:

I have them in the car for the last 10000kms and i have no radio.The starlets are getting old and the oem engine mounts bushes are well fxxked. so you can get oem from toyota for £££ are keep the polys you have.

20 hours ago, Calum122 said:

All my polybushes are brand new, although fitted two years ago I've done about 100 miles on them no issues. Although I do have the tunes on most of the time and the windows down so probably why I don't notice lol

Actually drove the car for more than five minutes with the windows up today, yeah sorry my bad it's pretty unbearable. If I actually used this car I'm not sure I'd cope lol. But it's purely a weekend warrior so I ain't complaining. Just ignore my previous comments lol. No juddering on down shifts though.

On 13/07/2018, 12:29:45, Calum122 said:

Actually drove the car for more than five minutes with the windows up today, yeah sorry my bad it's pretty unbearable. If I actually used this car I'm not sure I'd cope lol. But it's purely a weekend warrior so I ain't complaining. Just ignore my previous comments lol. No juddering on down shifts though.

Lol funny post

this is why i went with TRD engine mounts ages ago...based on reports, they fall somewhere in the middle of stock and polybushes.

i've no issues with excessive vibration and they seem to have held up well over the years, but i'm not sure if they are still available on the market.

i'll give you some options that have been discussed in the past:

1) get genuine stock mounts and fill the gearbox one with polyurethane (you can fill the other 2 mounts afterwards if you need them firmer and depending on how your car feels), i'd also suggest an engine torque damper to brace the engine at the top

2) get trd mounts and run as is at first to see how you like them, if you want more stiffness, then you can fill the rear one with polyurethane, then the 2 side ones as you desire. again i suggest an engine torque damper

3) i've heard they are different stiffness polybushes available, remove the ones you have now and try softer grade polybushes