Loud knocking sound after head repair

So, just to level with any potential help, I am utterly clueless and ramble because of that xD

I purchased a glanza v at christmas, very quickly after I had issues, that turned out to be a crack around the stud where the ex manifold bolts to the head.

So I gave it to a garage, for removal, and they sent it off for welding etc. 

My car returned, not working properly (fine untill you hit boost) no lights on dash for boost either 

The work receipt had a note on it... 

' running rich ( lamba, map???????)' 

Anyway, under my own totally untrained eye, I spotted a vac line running out of the inlet mani with a bolt pushed into the end, which should have run into the little box on the left side of the firewall, is it a maf sensor? I'm not sure, anyway this lil box had a plastic nib on the bottom that you would usually attach the vac line to.

it had been snapped off during its time there, and on my return to say, here gents why is this broken, and could this be why my car isn't running correctly. 

The lad who'd actually done the work denied having any contact at all with this lines and tried to tell me that is as it arrived, now not only did it sort of boost before it arrived but the lights worked etc, I'm a thick fuck but i know that there wasn't a vac line dangling with a bolt in the end of it when I purchased the car.

I didn't really get anything out of the garage other than starting to loose my temper, and so i bodged the vac line to the bottom of the little box. ((the one on the left of the fire wall)) 

My car began to idle at around 2k, but she ran sweet as a nut otherwise, so being the silly boy that I am, and having waited 6months to get her on the road, I have been driving her around for the last month

And yesterday she started making an allllll mighty clattering sound on idle, sounds like she's eating herself. The rattle continues but after 3k disappears, however the noise by the time I had crawled her home was much worse and what originally sounded like a little rattle, is now a clatter. 

I think I can assume that the high idle is down to how the lad who blocked the vac line set it, because of missing the connection and wanting to still get it out the door. 

My question is, have I killed my baby, by being impatience and utterly stupid by letting her idle high for the last four weeks 

(no long runs, just work and back, few cheeky late night tinder match visits) 

Or is it possible something has come a little loose from the work done on the head (the reason I mentioned the mechanics attitude towards the broken maf sensor and blocked vac line) 

Im in the midlands. Any input massively appreciated, I paid a fortune to have the work to the head done, and i want to know if it's me that's killed her. 

She's entirely standard.

I'm coming up to 7grand on her now all in all and I've probably put about 250miles down ://

Thanks for reading if you made it to the end. 

If anyone needs to hear it before any input shout up and I'll brave running her breifly to get something up for clarity.