Sign in to follow this  
ste91

TF035 4cm² vs 6cm²

What's the score with TF035's, I've done a lot of searching but there's just random bits of information thrown around and no clear answers.

I'm currently on a CT9 hybrid running 0.9 bar, standard internals, apparently 200bhp. Aiming for 230ish bhp.
Don't really want to go TD04 as I'd rather not push it too hard on standard internals and it seems a bit pointless using a TD04 when TF035's can still make ~230 bhp but spool quicker.

Has anyone got any dyno graphcs or any info on 4cm² vs 6cm² and spool times and peak power etc...? A lot of posts on here are just "I've got this and it's the best turbo ever" but what I want to know is which version is actually better suited for 230-240bhp, obviously the 6cm² is going to flow more but is the response gained from the 4cm² housing the reason why people rave about these turbos so much?
Has anyone gone from a CT9 hybrid to a TF035?

Edited by ste91

no dyno sheets kid just my ass on the road the 4cm is suited for 4efte stock intake as it shokes above 7500  with my acis manifold i use the 6 cm back housing rev the shits to 8200 6cm/19t  

these turbos are great as they run cooler then a ct9 hybrid ( tiny back housing / hot zone shocking zone ) compared to tfo35hm

The best turbo suited for that power is the TD04L. The spool time is fine, top end is a bonus. It depends on how healthy the engine is as to what you may make, seen it a thousand times. Torque can be just as important as power with some turbo's aswell. From what I can see from the past is everyone that has gone up the power ladder done this and that then either went back to a ct9 or wish they never went past 300 lol

1 hour ago, Gainzy said:

The best turbo suited for that power is the TD04L. The spool time is fine, top end is a bonus. It depends on how healthy the engine is as to what you may make, seen it a thousand times. Torque can be just as important as power with some turbo's aswell. From what I can see from the past is everyone that has gone up the power ladder done this and that then either went back to a ct9 or wish they never went past 300 lol

I would almost put money on a 220-230ish tf035 glanza being quicker than a TD04 one at 240.TF035 is a great turbo

Has anyone gone from a hybrid CT9 to a TF035HM 6cm²? Spotted one yesterday and bought it, it was a bit of an impulse buy but it was at the right price and looks to be in good condition, if there's no shaft play then I'll easily be able to sell it back on for what I paid so nothing to lose anyway.