Sign in to follow this  
glanzadude

Toyota Starlet gt rear brake imbalance

Hello all , My Starlet gt keeps failing the nct/mot on inbalance on the drivers rear. I have brand new full handbrake cables and new hall brake hoses. all brand new toyota seal kit for the calipers and new brake pads And still failed the test. what have i missed at thus stage every thing have been changed. I changed the  proportioning valve too. Changed the rear caliper but the same thing, Any ideas lads?

f0alp1.jpg

cut a groove in the calipe piston  on our gt we only have 1 groove i made a 2nd 1 so there is a + on there so piston is closer to the pad by 1/4 turn did the job on my gt when i had inbalance isseus like that few years ago  

worth a try 

UPDATE i bleed the rear brake with with a mate, the one that failed and there was a 3 are 4 BIG are bubbles. what you think????

Sounds like you fixed it. You can always go back to the garage and ask them to check it as you think you've fixed it. 

on the bulkhead you'll see a pipe from brake servo to a proportion valve going to each caliper

Did you buy a new one are 2nd hand one? i wonder would a glanza one do but my car has no abs

I put in a used one as a new one wasn't available and I only had 3 days left for retest lol scraped through it ha