Oil blanking bolt size

Morning peeps

at the weekend me and a friend wired up the guages which I had from my previous project and managed to fit one off the oil pressure switch with an extension, previously scanning the forums, over the other side by the oil filter housing there is a blanking bolt which I wanted to use for the oil temp.

on removal of the bolt it looks like I need some sort of adapter to fit the sensor into as it’s too small, I found a pic on here of where I mean.

I wondered if anyone could push me in the right direction to get hold of one.

picture is below, sorry for stealing it :0)

cheers

chris

911AFC44-EF52-40F1-86ED-F4DC59AADC74.jpeg

Thanks guys, I purchased one and is now waiting for me to whack it in.

something I have noticed since fitting my pressure gauge is that my oil pressure is near non exsistent on idle, first start up is fine but as she warms it drops, just changed filter and oil with a 5-30 could it be the oil?

the previous owner told me he ran it on this, I am a little worried, I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t fit the gauge but I get no warning lights on, new oil pump?

2 hours ago, RobSR said:

When you say low - how low? 

Low as in no pressure at all up until I give it a bit of gas to bring the revs up, it does idle very low in my opinion, think it idles around 500-750 rpm once warm.

1k rpm and I’ve got pressure. Can’t remember how much exactly but it’s around 1bar. The gauge I’m using is the pro sport evo series which is brand spanking new and that is plumbed into the original oil pressure sensor port on a braided line extension.

Im wondering if I raise the idle slightly it may solve my problem, I’ve only had it a few weeks and payed top money so the last thing I want is for it to go bang, not just yet anyway.

just for a background of the car, it’s running 219.6bhp with uprated Athena iirc head gasket, lightened flywheel, td04 conversion with a greedy ultimate keeping it all in check.

cheers

chris

7 minutes ago, Calum122 said:

I wouldn't want to run the car that low on idle. Ideally you want it idling dead on 1k.

It’s horrible at idle shakes like buggery, the poly engine mounts don’t help in all honesty. I certainly need to raise it. I’m guessing I can raise it manually?

Right I have upped my idle with the screw under the rubber grommet to 900-1000.. sits around there now.

i have 0.5bar of pressure which fluctuates.

soooooo this afternoon I’m gona drop the oil again as it’s dirty as hell anyway. I’d guess it hasent been done for a little while as I’ve only done 50miles since I did it.

remove the sump and clean the pressure release valve, hopefully this will sort it.

im guessing if it doesn’t I thinking oil pump, would I be correct?

cheers

chris