Help... New to this.... Got turbo problems

Hey guys.had my ep82 for about 2 years now and always read up on here if have any problems. Only just got round to signing up as I now have a problem I can't understand.

So basically I put a new turbo on (SPEEDVISION CT9) changed mani and decat, all belts and plugs leads dizzy cap and arm new battery all filters and a jam ecu. When boosting it feels like fuel cut sometimes between 4 and 5k rpm. I had it on 1 bar so turned it down to 8psi and still doing it. Since I changed the alternator belt it screeches sometimes and I ain't got round to tightening it more. Can the belt slipping affect the turbo as the ecu isn't getting ample power.

Cheers in advance guys 

If the battery is discharged then you may struggle to create the voltage necessary. But you'd have a battery light on the dash and you definitely would not be able to crank it over.

Are you sure the actuator is working properly? 

The stock turbo uses a dual port actuator, adjustable actuators do not have this functionality. Are you sure you've set the boost sensor hose correctly. Deleting the original Hi/Lo boost button and ensuring no vacuum leaks.

Hey dude, I put a hks actuator on and looped the hi lo and checked for leaks. I've just tightened the belt some more and reset the jam pnp.still feels like I hit a brick wall between 4 and 5k rpm, it has new plugs leads and dizzy so can't work out what it is. I might try the stock ecu to see if it's the jam pnp. I also have a rrfpr on the car that was on before I got the car, i don't know how to adjust as never used one, as the turbo is a bit bigger then the stock one, will I need to adjust the rrfpr?. I'm thinking It might not be fuelled properly. I got the jam so I don't have to play around with that sort of stuff.

JAM isn't really going to solve your issue as the JAM would have been setup on a stock CT9 most likely.  The plug and plays were a great way to boost power on an otherwise stock car. The moment you start modifying the car away from stock, it's impossible for an tuning company to tailor the ECU to your cars needs. Obviously the car can compensate with fuel, if it understands the AFR's and all those other parameters.

No real need to loop the solenoid, in fact, no real need for it to exist on the car since it doesn't control fueling, only the port for the boost sensor for the actuator.

It might be the ECU, gone faulty. Have you a boost gauge? It's not overboosting is it? As far as I know, the plug and play ECU's raised the fuel cut limit of the engine. So long as it is a genuine JAM ECU.

27 minutes ago, Calum122 said:

JAM isn't really going to solve your issue as the JAM would have been setup on a stock CT9 most likely.  The plug and plays were a great way to boost power on an otherwise stock car. The moment you start modifying the car away from stock, it's impossible for an tuning company to tailor the ECU to your cars needs. Obviously the car can compensate with fuel, if it understands the AFR's and all those other parameters.

No real need to loop the solenoid, in fact, no real need for it to exist on the car since it doesn't control fueling, only the port for the boost sensor for the actuator.

It might be the ECU, gone faulty. Have you a boost gauge? It's not overboosting is it? As far as I know, the plug and play ECU's raised the fuel cut limit of the engine. So long as it is a genuine JAM ECU.

Yeah dude I have a boost gauge and it's not overboosting, I'm just hoping it's not the jam ecu as it cost me 400 quid. It's weird, when I put my foot down it is almost like it's fighting against it's self sometimes

Well it sounds like the leads are breaking down. Its usually when boost pressure is there as air is a good insulator...  The more air in the cylinders the more resistance. The spark will always find the easiest way to ground so if the leads are breaking down they only show up when in boost to begin with. Just check the leads for damage and maybe in cap for moisture, even in the spark plug tubes for moisture. Also check the ignition amp is ground and the ground is clean if that's corroded then it might cause the same symptoms.