Spigot rings for astra discs

I've seen many posts saying you need spigot rings to centre the astra discs used on a levin twin pot setup, does anyone actually know the specs or sizes of the spigot rings?

If I was to bore the inside face of the discs which fit over the hub to within 0.5mm of the diameter for a snug fit, would this make the spigot rings unnecessary?

I just took my hub off and gave the disc and hub to a engineering firm and asked them to make me spigot rings. As long as you've got a way of centralizing the disc on the hub when bolting everything together then I would imagine it would be ok without one as once the wheels are bolted on the disc its sandwiched between the wheel and hub and it's not taking any weight like the wheels but for my own peace of mind I wanted to get rings made.

GgtSebZ.jpg

EYJ7hIJ.jpg

1 hour ago, SpoonalTap said:

I just took my hub off and gave the disc and hub to a engineering firm and asked them to make me spigot rings. As long as you've got a way of centralizing the disc on the hub when bolting everything together then I would imagine it would be ok without one as once the wheels are bolted on the disc its sandwiched between the wheel and hub and it's not taking any weight like the wheels but for my own peace of mind I wanted to get rings made.

GgtSebZ.jpg

EYJ7hIJ.jpg

You would 100% want a permanent spigot ring, a huge amount of force goes through the disc when being clamped and could easily be pulled off center especially when things get hot. For the sake of paying maybe £10 or so for some spigot rings it's not worth the risk imo.