SR 4efe to 4efe-t Conversion Ecu Plug Question..

What loom are you using?

a GT 4efte one?

a Glanza 4efte?

the original 4efe one with the fte bits spliced in? Let me know and ill advise what you need to do.

You cant easily plug a 3 - connector Glanza ECU into the 2 - connector 4efe loom if thats what you are trying to do.

Glanza mate, original engine loom on 4efe is one plug and the 4efe dash loom is one plug.

Original Glanza engine loom is 2 plug and one plug dash loom. So now you should have 2 plugs from your engine loom (Glanza) and one plug that doesn't fit in the ecu from the dash loom (4EFE).

I bought a new right size plug and pins from a guy on eBay (advert now gone) and chopped the old plug off and put the right plug on. 

20 minutes ago, lukEp said:

Glanza mate, original engine loom on 4efe is one plug and the 4efe dash loom is one plug.

Original Glanza engine loom is 2 plug and one plug dash loom. So now you should have 2 plugs from your engine loom (Glanza) and one plug that doesn't fit in the ecu from the dash loom (4EFE).

I bought a new right size plug and pins from a guy on eBay (advert now gone) and chopped the old plug off and put the right plug on. 

Yes sorry my comment was aimed at the OP, i should have quoted it :) 

Its not easy to work out from the original post what way they are trying to do it so more information the better. The way you have done it is a good way too.

6 hours ago, RobSR said:

What loom are you using?

a GT 4efte one?

a Glanza 4efte?

the original 4efe one with the fte bits spliced in? Let me know and ill advise what you need to do.

You cant easily plug a 3 - connector Glanza ECU into the 2 - connector 4efe loom if thats what you are trying to do.

Mate yes I'm splicing fte bits into the na loom..

Edited by Sportif 4efte

I’ve chopped of the ecu plugs (engine&dash) of the n/a loom and chopped of the 3 glanza ecu plugs of the glanza engine harness and glanza dash loom now I’m using the 3 glanza ecu plugs and connecting the pins to the n/a engine and dash loom (matching the pins) I’ve managed to match up everything apart from 2 pins which are 1 and 15 from the n/a engine loom n not to sure to which glanza pin they go to. 
N/a engine loom Pin 1 rotary solenoid close-cold idle speed control 
N/a engine loom pin 15 heated oxygen sensor.

4 hours ago, Sportif 4efte said:

I’ve chopped of the ecu plugs (engine&dash) of the n/a loom and chopped of the 3 glanza ecu plugs of the glanza engine harness and glanza dash loom now I’m using the 3 glanza ecu plugs and connecting the pins to the n/a engine and dash loom (matching the pins) I’ve managed to match up everything apart from 2 pins which are 1 and 15 from the n/a engine loom n not to sure to which glanza pin they go to. 
N/a engine loom Pin 1 rotary solenoid close-cold idle speed control 
N/a engine loom pin 15 heated oxygen sensor.

Ok so with the way you have done it the below is what I’d do. 

Firstly the 4efe runs a different kind of idle control valve.

Id day you have 2 options, don’t run one, or fit a 4efte one. I’d go with fitting the 4efte one - 12v to one side from the Efi relay and then run the other side to the ECU. (Con 1, Pin 10)

In regards to the second question, the 4efe runs a 4-wire lambda rather than a single wire lambda like the 4efte. One of the 4 wires is the ‘heater’ for the sensor.

Remove the 4efe 4 wire sensor, and fit a single wire 4efte one and run this to Con 2, Pin 6.

Hope that helps :) 

On Wednesday, October 03, 2018 at 10:57 PM, RobSR said:

Ok so with the way you have done it the below is what I’d do. 

Firstly the 4efe runs a different kind of idle control valve.

Id day you have 2 options, don’t run one, or fit a 4efte one. I’d go with fitting the 4efte one - 12v to one side from the Efi relay and then run the other side to the ECU. (Con 1, Pin 10)

In regards to the second question, the 4efe runs a 4-wire lambda rather than a single wire lambda like the 4efte. One of the 4 wires is the ‘heater’ for the sensor.

Remove the 4efe 4 wire sensor, and fit a single wire 4efte one and run this to Con 2, Pin 6.

Hope that helps :) 

I’ve got 6 wires going to the n/a distributor 4pin plug and 2 pin plug on the glanza ecu I’ve only got a 4 pin plug. So far I’ve chopped the old 2 plugs off and put the glanza distributor plug on(without it being connected to the circuit) not too sure which wire to connect to which pin n what happens with the remaining 2 wires from n/a loom

N/a 4 pin connector blue green yellow white/black

N/a 2pin connector black/white/black

Glanza 4pin connector blue green white red.

That was the other question he asked me to ask for...