Starlet - 87 ep70 heated seats

Hello,

I have just aqquired a starlet in original condition and according to the user manual and a sticker in the car it is fitted with heated seats but I cannot find any button to turn it on. Does anyone have any idea where it might be located?

I checked under the front seats and there is cords going to the chairs so I am pretty sure it has it. Would be nice to have it working now that winter is coming

Edit: also the manual doesn't say where it is, just says it has heated seats

Edited by ancaf33

Yes maybe it was an addition available in Sweden since winters gets quite cold here. I can post pic of the manual stating it, and the sticker and also the cords if it could be of any help. Right now I do not have any heat in the car (the heat unit was removed by one of the previous owners due to leakage) I am waiting for one to arrive, but in the meanwhile it would be nice with seat heat :)

I think you will find they are not heated seats, but instead they are speakers.  One of the many EP71's Ive owned had them fitted - they gave a bit of extra sound but it was more the vibration/bass than actual noise.

Possibly.  You'd have to take any blanks of any un-used switch positions and see if there are unused plugs behind, then check connectivity from there to the plug to the seats.  You may find that there are relays to supply the seats via a switch.  Start tracing and you'll find it.