2e-telu turbo questions.

So my 88 ep71 has the 2e-telu with a ct-9 turbo on it. ( did it come with it?) 

i have tried the search for related topics with no luck. Everything is for the 16v motors :)

Do these engines respond the same way the 16v do as far as turbo mods ? . 

I would love 180hp at the wheels .. More is welcome of course but i am not looking for all out top end.

They came factory fitted with a ct12, but the ct9 is a slightly better turbo.  

They respond well to mods, just don't over rev them as the rockers break.  Decent flow turbo manifold will take it up a fair amount.  They will take quite a bit of boost but the tune needs to be good.

I also have 2etelu in my ep70. Running toyota diesel C turbo, 60mm decat and full exhaust, FMIC with 50mm pipework, rx8 red injectors and standalone ecu.

Those engines run fine with a T25 at 0.7-0.8 bar for about 180hp, but don't forget that most of those engines are now 30years old.

Why you took them off? 

Anyhow, ct9 can do 150 whp, more is difficult. You should just need FMIC, some decent exhaust turbo back and just about all the boost without hitting boost cut. I was running 0.8 with the stock ecu.

Do you plan to change the exhaust manifold. Since you have it out, it's a good oportunity to get one done. I think the stock manifold is too restrictive. I would be interested in a stock location manifold also.