Sign in to follow this  
EP91NOOBIE

Hi/Low boost set up help

hi just looking to see if anyone on here can tell me on how to set up the hi and low boost button on my 97 glanza it's been looped out and would be great help if anyone had pictures of where the vacuum lines go please and pictures would be greatly helped 

Edited by EP91NOOBIE

This is the standard plumbing.

As said above tho, you will need the original actuator otherwise it’ll not work. 

E3ADAE00-1F85-40A4-8C11-C228E4196B71.jpeg

I'm sure when you buy a new HKS actuator (single port) it comes with fitting instructions that show you using a T piece in the line between the turbo housing and actuator to the boost solenoid to retain the factory high low boost function.

No because that's not how an actuator works. The stock actuator has two preload settings. The solenoid diverts the sensory flow to either one of the preloads. The HKS actuator only has one adjustable preload setting. So diverting the air through a T piece isn't going to solve anything. Some people suggested bleeding to atmosphere, but again this isn't a good idea. Since you're bleeding the sensory off to atmosphere, the actuator would never open.

10 hours ago, Calum122 said:

No because that's not how an actuator works. The stock actuator has two preload settings. The solenoid diverts the sensory flow to either one of the preloads. The HKS actuator only has one adjustable preload setting. So diverting the air through a T piece isn't going to solve anything. Some people suggested bleeding to atmosphere, but again this isn't a good idea. Since you're bleeding the sensory off to atmosphere, the actuator would never open.

Your not diverting the air through a T piece it diverts it through the stock boost solenoid.

this is a copy from the hks fitting instructions.

HKS.jpg

Another option is a JAM Racing actuator which has two ports.

Edited by Bean

Either way, it's a single port actuator, diverting it through the solenoid isn't changing the fact that the wastegate is due to open at a certain sensory pressure.

Calum122, i will have to correct you because the stock actuator has only one preload with 2 ports, if you blow on one side of the port the air come out straight through the other one. there is no 2 chambers.

5 hours ago, Nafeez2125 said:

Calum122, i will have to correct you because the stock actuator has only one preload with 2 ports, if you blow on one side of the port the air come out straight through the other one. there is no 2 chambers.

Cool. I did not know that. I was just making an assumption. But happy to be corrected. Thanks.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, Nafeez2125 said:

Cheers Nafeez2125 . So as I said above by fitting the t piece to connect up the stock boost solenoid this is like the stock plumbing with the 2 port actuator.

Edited by Bean

2 minutes ago, Bean said:

Cheers Nafeez2125 . So as I said above by fitting the t piece to connect up the stock boost solenoid this is like the stock plumbing with the 2 port actuator.

Yes Bean. it will work exactly as the stock actuator if you use the t-piece between the actuator and the turbo and the third part of the t-piece goes to the solenoid.