Old returning member 4wd ep91

Hey there, Gareth here from Northern Ireland , been away from the starlets for quite a while, had an sr about 10 years ago then a gt turbo after.  I’ve now acquired a rare wee ep91 4wd auto remix and the first registered owner of it in the uk.  It was imported from Japan  in 2012 and kept in a private collection. With only 30k on it and never seen uk roads, the wee thing is mint.  I’m currently using it as a daily but trying to gather information on the 4wd set up and swapping it to manual/ turbo etc.  It seems only 500 of these were made and sold in Japan so I’d assume there pretty rare to see and in this condition.  Any knowledge greatly appreciated.  It also comes as standard with the Corolla manifold which seems odd to me.  Anyways, I’ve plans for it in the future. 

B7D4667F-213F-4779-8BE7-3249F1FB9321.jpeg

15A70EB2-E1E2-46BA-9CA8-7C6532DF3840.jpeg

3F3292CA-E0DD-45CA-8FE4-F806908B19C1.jpeg

13BA5A09-3DD8-43E4-90F5-BFDF92DF02B4.jpeg

1 minute ago, zurgieSR said:

It will make whatever someone is willing to pay for it.  It doesn’t look clean, it’s basically brand new condition.  No one wanted to buy it for decent money because it wasn’t registered yet. 1400 isn’t a lot at all to give for s daily in brand new condition.  I registered it easily. 

5 door, auto. Not exactly the most sought after variation. Yeah it looks good, but as you said, value is only determined by what the market is willing to pay. The lack of it being registered didn't put people off, its a simple process. 

2 hours ago, Starlet__SR said:

5 door, auto. Not exactly the most sought after variation. Yeah it looks good, but as you said, value is only determined by what the market is willing to pay. The lack of it being registered didn't put people off, its a simple process. 

Edited by zurgieSR
Just now, zurgieSR said:

Did you buy it or drive it daily or have you just something stuck up your arse?  It’s a rare starlet, whether it has 5 doors auto, or an Ls swap and 1 door.  The auto is great to drive for commuting.  It’s also fairly simple to swap to manual. You mad hun?  What’s the process for registering it?

Ooh, calm down princess. You're obviously a sensitive little soul lol. I never said it wasn't rare did I? And fairly simple it is. Try and find a gearbox lol! Who's mad? Obviously yourself lol, did you pay over the odds? :rofl:

29 minutes ago, zurgieSR said:

Ha ha, I love your tit for tat princess. I never said you said it wasn’t rare, what would you consider over the odds for it? Something you can’t afford? Scrap yards all over Ireland with gearboxes for it ya numpty. Love the way you can’t explain this “simple “ registration process, I’d assume because you know nothing about it.

Oh you really are a little snowflake aren't you lol. And I dunno, you tell me lol. Judging by your little hissy fit, I dare say you paid way more than what it sold on ebay for. €2500-3000 at a guess? Ooh, getting onto things we can't afford now? You tell me lol, couldn't you afford a GT? And yeah i'm sure there's oodles of manual 4WD boxes for them. Lets see if you can find me 5 of them. And whats to explain? You need the NOVA declaration/cert number, current MOT cert, proof of purchase/ownership, any old registration/dereg documents from japan/ and a v55/5 form. Not to mention the reg fee which was around £55 the last time I checked. Tell me. Whats so hard about that? 

Edited by Starlet__SR
Just now, zurgieSR said:

So just 55 quid? You’re having a laugh :D.  All you’ve said there can be found with a simple google search and is only the half of it ya reprobate lol. A 4wd box? Wtf are you on about? :lol: the front transfer casing on this can be made fit the 5 speed manual of which I could find you 10 of in 1 scrap yard (yes I know that’s exaggerated but still). How do you make such an idiot out of yourself and keep going?  Afford a gt? I had a gt, if I wanted another one I’d buy one. This starlets my 3rd vehicle in current ownership so not to blow my own trumpet but cash flow isnt really a problem for me at the moment.  It sold on eBay? That’s strange, I never got it off eBay of anywhere near any of the prices you’ve quoted.  Triggered much?  :D

No. £55 just for the registration fee. Would you like to borrow some glasses? Is that so lol? Do tell me how much more work is involved, aside from the fitment of a fog lamp perhaps? And lets see proof of the transfer case being made to fit? It's the first i've heard of it. And if it was so easy, everyone would be doing it! And I don't know, you seem to have it nailed though, maybe I should ask yourself for some pointers? And lucky you lol, would you like a medal? And look at you, baller eh? And tell me, where did I mention ebay? The only person thats triggered here is you lol. Still, makes for an interesting read though lol. 

Just now, zurgieSR said:

The auto box in it is the exact same as a front wheel drive starlet auto ya mong, the transfer case bolts directly onto it, hence why I said at the start that it’s fairly easy. It costs more than 55 just for registration :D ya google warrior

So tell me, if thats the case. Why haven't all the autos in the past been converted so easily? Please, show me proof of said conversion :) And maybe for you it does lol. 

1 minute ago, zurgieSR said:

Mistake? You mean you’re a back tracking snowflake? 

You tell me lol. You reckon its worth so much more yet you then claim you paid nowhere near that? And looking at your OP you're currently "gathering information on converting to manual". Well for someone thats such a whizz with starlets, surely you'd not need to gather such info? Also, you seemed so surprised that they came with the tubular manifold? Again, not something a starlet aficionado would be surprised about? Judging by your post, half of the info you've found is googled anyway lol. 

And nah, the snowflake here is quite clearly yourself. Getting your knickers in such a twist over a comment lol.