Emanage Ultimate

I don’t map Emanage so not familiar with the software but duty cycle is automatically calculated on injector opening time vs engine cycle, so the only way you can really can change it is by changing your fuelling. (Opening time, injector size etc.)

Id imagine with it being an Emanage one is before changes, one after, so reference output duty cycle. 

I had asked a similar question when I setup and mapped by emu.

The one response I had was to set them both the same (or both to zero) and just adjust the map accordingly.

As a point of clarification as I understand it, the injector settings in the EMU are used to assist with scaling the fuelling for when injector sizes are upgraded from stock, hence the before and after figures.

I upgraded from stock to 430's and so matched the response time and just updated the flow rate as a starting point. I was then able to adjust the fuel map to suit the correct figures on idle and then mapped for boost from there.

7 minutes ago, hopalong_neil said:

I had asked a similar question when I setup and mapped by emu.

The one response I had was to set them both the same (or both to zero) and just adjust the map accordingly.

As a point of clarification as I understand it, the injector settings in the EMU are used to assist with scaling the fuelling for when injector sizes are upgraded from stock, hence the before and after figures.

I upgraded from stock to 430's and so matched the response time and just updated the flow rate as a starting point. I was then able to adjust the fuel map to suit the correct figures on idle and then mapped for boost from there.

Hi mate ,

the question wasn t on lag time and injector size . 

Doh, sorry, that will teach me not to read posts quickly whilst I'm skiving at work...

Having read again I would tend to be in agreement with RobSR. As the EMU is a piggy back, the output duty should be the figure based on changes made considering the EMU map.

Its been a while now since I had my EMU but if I understand correctly you could log either figures? Can you log both?

If you've upgraded your Injectors then the lower figure would be the signal you need, but if you've kept stock Injectors but running higher boost so more fuel, then the higher figure would be correct.