Injector dynamics - which ones?

22 hours ago, garbs said:

Bloody hell Rob, I forgot you had them! D’oh....

No probs!

I wouldnt recommend trying to run them on an Emanage however unless you are changing/have changed.

Also, i may have a spare tucked loom coming up for you. Will keep you posted :thumbsup:

1000cc is huge, I wouldn't think you'd get to even 50% duty cycle.  A good ecu will control them well enough for idle and cruise but make sure you get the injector deadtime data etc correct.  

2 hours ago, Stu said:

1000cc is huge, I wouldn't think you'd get to even 50% duty cycle.  A good ecu will control them well enough for idle and cruise but make sure you get the injector deadtime data etc correct.  

i get 53% duty on my set of id1000 and the idle very very well @ 1.3% duty

3 hours ago, RobSR said:

No probs!

I wouldnt recommend trying to run them on an Emanage however unless you are changing/have changed.

Also, i may have a spare tucked loom coming up for you. Will keep you posted :thumbsup:

It’s all part of my 2019 master plan Rob, the emanage will be going and a Link installed instead.

That tucked loom needs to be mine please! That’s also part of 2019’s plan.

14 hours ago, glanzagee said:

i get 53% duty on my set of id1000 and the idle very very well @ 1.3% duty

Oh totally agree its possible, couple of examples ive had a 4g63 with 1800cc injectors and a barra with 2200cc injectors both idle like a kitten with a link ecu. Just stating that 1000cc will support way more power than any 5e will make so its a bit overkill.  Injectors are alot cheaper these days so easy option to go big I guess but theres no major need.

The other month I bought some 550cc bosch ev14 injectors and they were £104 delivered I think it was from opie oils then I bought some clip on adapters from America for about 20 quid, really good quality adapters too not like the little extension ones I've tried in the past. I'm sure there's ones in much bigger sizes.

1 hour ago, Bean said:

The other month I bought some 550cc bosch ev14 injectors and they were £104 delivered I think it was from opie oils then I bought some clip on adapters from America for about 20 quid, really good quality adapters too not like the little extension ones I've tried in the past. I'm sure there's ones in much bigger sizes.

Interested in this mate as I need to upgrade injectors. Do the adapters make them a direct fit on the standard fuel rail? I’ve heard good things about the spray pattern on the Bosch injectors. Could you send me a link possibly to the ones you bought and the adapters to make them fit please? Seem a great price aswell.

Thanks

Ashley

Yup they are big but like said you can get good idle quality out of them. Youll start pushing the duty cycle up a bit if you ever run E85 etc, so its good to have the headroom.

Id be careful of cheaper injectors, they may not be supplied with the correct deadtime data which will then in turn cause issues when mapping.

8 hours ago, ashbuxton said:

Interested in this mate as I need to upgrade injectors. Do the adapters make them a direct fit on the standard fuel rail? I’ve heard good things about the spray pattern on the Bosch injectors. Could you send me a link possibly to the ones you bought and the adapters to make them fit please? Seem a great price aswell.

Thanks

Ashley

I bought these for my dc2 but the ones i bought were oem fitment on the newish shelby gt500 i believe.

link

There was an offer on bosch parts at the time so i got them a bit cheaper but there may well be a black friday offer on now. I bought these for my dc2. As Rob says best do your own research to ensure they will work for your application. These ev14 injectors are used quite a bit in the turbo honda world. MY mate also runs some in his 550bhp e30 he got his from ebay in america though.

Edited by Bean