Need help. Thermostat housing

Hi all I've bought a new housing as mine has a broken pipe .the problem is the one I have bought does not come with the a pin for the wire that's in the middle of the pic .the one with the white block and yellow wire. What is this wire and will it still work without it  .is it temp sensor for the dash. It's of a standard starlet 4efe p reg. Thanks

20181115_114044.jpg

Edited by Carlw
Add info
37 minutes ago, V_Jack said:

The pin for the wire is actually an additional sensor.

In some models the temp for the dash is part of a 3 pin sensor, you should be able to swap the sensor over to the other housing and it work

Hi there's no hole in the one I bought for the pin to fit in.will it work without it thanks

27 minutes ago, Carlw said:

Hi there's no hole in the one I bought for the pin to fit in.will it work without it thanks

Does the other housing have all the sensors in already?

The hole isn't in exactly the same position but should fit in somewhere.

2 minutes ago, V_Jack said:

Does the other housing have all the sensors in already?

The hole isn't in exactly the same position but should fit in somewhere.

Hi I haven't received it yet .but it's in pic 2 what I get with it .

11 minutes ago, Carlw said:

Hi I haven't received it yet .but it's in pic 2 what I get with it .

Yes you'll notice above in the second pick the plug is different on the sensor, on that model instead of the two separate sensors they went to one sensor that does both.

You can butcher the plugs to make them both fit the one sensor or alternatively if you can get an off-cut of a loom you can re-wire it to work with just the one sensor.

It will work without it, I'm pretty sure its just the temp wire for the dash however obviously you won't be able to keep an eye on the temps.

I was sure they still had the additional port but this looks like it might not be the case.

Edited by V_Jack
59 minutes ago, V_Jack said:

Yes you'll notice above in the second pick the plug is different on the sensor, on that model instead of the two separate sensors they went to one sensor that does both.

You can butcher the plugs to make them both fit the one sensor or alternatively if you can get an off-cut of a loom you can re-wire it to work with just the one sensor.

It will work without it, I'm pretty sure its just the temp wire for the dash however obviously you won't be able to keep an eye on the temps.

I was sure they still had the additional port but this looks like it might not be the case.

Thanks for your help I'l have a Look at it when it comes test it .as long as I can drive it I mite go and look on a few scrap yards see if I can get the rite one. Thanks again

3 minutes ago, T-dog said:

Yeah on the one you have bought the sensor does it all ( ecu and temp gauge ) , so just get a 3 pin plug from a Glanza and solder it on and will be fine 

33CDFE71-A9FA-441A-80E9-6B0452099D89.jpeg

7B03B762-7435-4BBB-A054-D4875B09F28E.jpeg

Hi does it matter wich way they go in or can I just put them on any .Thanks. I've just messaged the guy I've bought it of and asked if he will send me it out with abit of the wire still on it.

Yes mate you will need the pin out for the plug or I can get you a photo off my Glanza , 2 wires are for the ecu and 1 wire is for the temp gauge . Yeah that would be a nice easy fix if you have the connector if not you will just have to buy one and wire it up :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, T-dog said:

Yes mate you will need the pin out for the plug or I can get you a photo off my Glanza , 2 wires are for the ecu and 1 wire is for the temp gauge . Yeah that would be a nice easy fix if you have the connector if not you will just have to buy one and wire it up :thumbsup:

Yea mate if you don't mind could you take a picture of yours and put it up. That would help me loads thanks

• 1 year later...
On 11/24/2018 at 1:03 AM, T-dog said:

hi mate can I ask for the photo too? Need help also with the sensor