Starlet ep91 Gls - Help!

Hey guys n gals,

just had my MOT done and the headlight adjustment doesn't work in front side left. so ive failed :(

meant to be driving home from uni in the next few days and need ideas on either;

how to fix it myself? or what i need to replace in order to get it working, not sure at this stage if i need a new motor and headlight unit, or just a the motor? 

is there a bracket that the light should normally mount to on the frame in order for the light to move up and down?

im concerned that the previous owner bodged the lights to work but not able to move position. Ffs.. 

so many questions, sorry if its a lot of writing just trying to figure out what to do with it, hence asking here! 

Cheers! :D 

If the moter is duffed they are quite expensive from Toyota, simple cheap solution I used for same issue was buy some Glanza headlight adjusters and have the beam re-set. I've never been asked to show my adjusters work for MOT but NI maybe different.

11 minutes ago, SKINY said:

If the moter is duffed they are quite expensive from Toyota, simple cheap solution I used for same issue was buy some Glanza headlight adjusters and have the beam re-set. I've never been asked to show my adjusters work for MOT but NI maybe different.

I read this somewhere, I thought it was to be added into the new MOT tests?