While i was driving my glanza last night the engine management light came on, it was on for a few minutes it went away and came back on, i stopped and bridged the te1-e1 and i got two codes ones for knock sensor and other for lean o2,

what could be the reason? Ive owned the car for 6years nothing was wrong.

22 minutes ago, mr_K said:

While i was driving my glanza last night the engine management light came on, it was on for a few minutes it went away and came back on, i stopped and bridged the te1-e1 and i got two codes ones for knock sensor and other for lean o2,

what could be the reason? Ive owned the car for 6years nothing was wrong.

Sensors can die over time seeing as the cars are getting quite old now.

With the knock sensor though firstly check to see if any of the wiring has got damaged, the plug has gone brittle over time and cracked thus causing a loose connection. Its located on the back of the engine block near the starter motor. The wiring loom runs along the fuel rail and then down the back of the block.

Same with the o2 in terms of checking wiring, check the connections on your injectors too.

Has anything changed recently? New parts, had it mapped etc etc?

On 12/6/2018 at 1:44 PM, RobSR said:

Sensors can die over time seeing as the cars are getting quite old now.

With the knock sensor though firstly check to see if any of the wiring has got damaged, the plug has gone brittle over time and cracked thus causing a loose connection. Its located on the back of the engine block near the starter motor. The wiring loom runs along the fuel rail and then down the back of the block.

Same with the o2 in terms of checking wiring, check the connections on your injectors too.

Has anything changed recently? New parts, had it mapped etc etc?

I checked the plug and wiring going to it everything looks fine,

i read a few threads on replacing the shielded wire and grounding it on the engine side, does it matter which side the ground is? Sensor or ecu side?

i took a pic of the shielding does this look normal? 

5E2E075C-2B34-410D-81F4-EE68C16576F7.jpeg